Dear Daddy-
I wore this onesie today because I think it represents how we need to look at the rest of the week. We could either thing of my hippo as half empty and be sad or half ful and be happy. Because I like to smile all the time I'm going to thing of him as half full and be excited that there are only four more days until you come home.
This is my big smile after Mommy told me there are only four more days until you come home.
Again, the toe sucking is gross to some but I think it's pretty cool. I can't wait for you to see it in person.
I have something to tell you Daddy and it's not good. I tried to be tough like you, but it turns out I'm not tough like Mommy. I had my very first boo-boo today that needed a band aid. I worked a little over time this morning in my jumperoo and suffered the consequences. My big toe nail cracked the whole way down to the base of my toe. I know it's a big time Ouchie!!! Mommy and Aunt Lizzie had one heck of a time trying to get a band aid on my toe. This is the third one and it's falling off.
Here I am with Uncle Dave at dinner. He held me so Mommy could eat a few bites. I'm a big boy now if you didn't know and like to be at the table with everyone while they eat. Mommy says I have you to thank for this fun habit. I tried really hard to get my hands on those Honey Butter Biscuits, but my chubby appendages were just a tad too short. Maybe next week.
Here I am cuddling with Dave. I was sooo tired and tried to wait patiently for Mommy to finish dinner and put me to bed.
This is a picture of Mommy putting me to bed. She tried to keep my socks on to protect my toe, but I had other ideas. (They were off in two seconds)
Ok Daddy this thing is a miracle, literally!! It's from your cool friend Lauren and Jim in New Hampshire. They were so thoughtful and sent this for us to use until their little bambino arrives. It's the first time Mommy got a tight waddle (Swaddle) in since you have been gone. Once she got me down for the night I didn't wake back up. You're gonna love it!!
That was our day in a nutshell. We didn't do much, but just hang out and relax today. I was a bit cranky because I think that tooth of mine is coming through, sorry. You should actually be happy that it might pop through before you get back, and then you can just enjoy the cute little tooth without the grumpiness.
I love you very much and Mommy was happy to talk to you for 2 minutes and 10 seconds today. (She timed it.)
Hurry Home.. we miss you and love you~ Caden
p.s. Remember your girl Della? She goes in tomorrow morning to get sedated for x-rays to check out her leg. Keep your fingers crossed that she's ok and that Anna doesn't drive us all insane while they are apart!
Caden is going to love sucking on the toe with the bandaid - yuck! Good luck tomorrow with Della - poor girl :(
ReplyDeleteThe last photo of Caden swaddled is so funny! He loves that doesn't he?
ReplyDeleteAnd aren't those swaddlers amazing? We used 'em with our kids and it was like a sleep drug!
Only 3 more days now...woo hoo! Great posts!!