Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DAY 1

** Caden knew his Daddy was sad about leaving us for the next 10 days, so he decided to write him letters so he would know what was happening at home.  Here is the first of (hopefully) 10.


Dear Daddy-
 I know you kept saying that you were going to leave, but I didn't really think you meant it.  I was hoping you were teasing like usual.  Well, when the car pulled away Mommy and I watched you from the window.  She kept sniffing and saying, "That darn pollen" but I knew it didn't have anything to do with the pollen.  Don't worry I was strong for both of us.
The first thing I did when you left was eat lunch.  As usualy I made Mommy choose multiple baby foods before I found one I liked.  Don't worry I still gave her a hard time and hardly ate any.


Then we went for a walk after lunch.  It was a really nice day out, but as we were walking to the bike path we heard this weird noise coming from our house.  Yep, you guessed it.  Those silly dogs of ours were howling again.

I was a little bit sleepy and decided to catch some shut eye after the walk.  Mommy seemed to really enjoy this time.  She had a big smile on her face when I finally decided to wake up.

Then of course I needed to put in a shift in the jump-a-roo.  Mommy kept trying to put me down for a nap and I wasn't having any parts of it. 

She just didn't understand.  I had too much energy to sleep.

Della is still limping and that back left knee is looking pretty sore.  Mommy keeps telling her we'll get her fixed.  I think I can do it with my hammer and screwdriver, but I don't know if Mommy would like that.

Then it was dinner time.  Mommy tried to give me some of that yucky purple stuff again.  I clearly told her I didn't like it and once again got my way.

You guessed it!  Peas again.  I LOVE my peas!!

Oh, by the way, I found this really cool thing you can do with your hands.  You can put them together.  
Who would have ever guessed. It's awesome!


Then I started to get a little cranky so Mommy said it was tubby time.
I just wanted to make sure you knew I can still grab my toes 5,000 times a day.

I asked Mommy to comb my hair in this picture, so I would look mature and distinguished in case you wanted to show me off to any of your co-workers.

I'm a little sad in this picture because Mommy's arms are just not big enough to cuddle me when I get out of my tubby like you usually do. 

I kept looking behind me to see if you were where you usually are when Mommy's putting lotion on.  I thought for sure you'd be back before bedtime, but I guess not. Be sure to look at how crooked my diaper is.  I was extra squirmy tonight to make it harder for Mommy to get it on.

Crooked Diaper for sure!

Mommy's first attempt at a swaddle.  You and I both know I'll be out of this in no time.  Mommy was bragging out having me to bed by 5:42, but little did she know I was going to be awake at 6:15 and possible more.  We'll see how the night goes.

Alright Daddy.. there's my letter for Day 1.  
I'm glad you got to Las Vegas safely, but hurry up and get home.  We miss you.


LOVE~ Your pride and joy, Caden 

p.s.  I just broke out of my swaddle again and made Mommy come running.  You know me Daddy, I'm a gosh darn Houidini. 

1 comment:

  1. I cracked up reading about the swaddle! Tom can swaddle so tightly(probably much like Ed does it) that I'm surprised that Ryan could even breathe.They just now have "weaned" him of it(at least I know they have been trying to.) I didn't know that Ed would be away (my, 10 days!). If you would like to walk some day after school, give me a call! I'd love to catch up with you and Caden!

    ReplyDelete