Ed is thrilled that the little guy is being stubborn because he needs a few extra days to finish the nursery. I, however, have decided that I would rather bring a baby home from the hospital and not have the nursery done rather than waddle around another day like this.
They say being pregnant the second time is much different than the first and boy are they right. You don't have time for yourself. You are constantly chasing a little guy around all day. You can't bend easily or catch your breath after carrying a 25lb kid up and down the steps. I struggle to pick Caden up out of the tub, I can't bend over the crib to lay him down at night, and the poor child cannot even sit on my lap to read books or be rocked to sleep because my lap is non-existent!!!!!!
I know it will be over soon and life will be crazy with two boys to take care of. I'll even admit that I'm sure I'll say a time or two that I miss being pregnant, Right now though, I'd like to sleep on my stomach, be able to take a deep breath, walk without waddling and enjoy a nice, cold, adult beverage of ANY kind!! So, if you're in there and can hear my inner thoughts little guy... COME OUT ALREADY!!!
Seriously... you can't even see Caden over my belly!!
Below are some pictures from the past few days of us trying to finish the nursery. Ed has been working day and night to get it done, and I am trying to help where I can. Funny how this reminds me of how we were before Caden came. We always think we have tons of time and then we are scrambling at the end. Ed told me the other night that if we ever have a third baby he is starting the nursery the day that I pee on a stick. (His words, not mine!)
THE NURSERY!!
http://littlecadenslife.blogspot.com/2009/11/nursery-is-finished.html
My attempt at painting. I felt like I was doing yoga trying to find ways to paint around that belly!
After a LONG, LONG day!
Here is poor Ed scrambling around and his little side-kick crying to get in on the action.
This was around 11:30 or 12:00 Monday night. He seriously is amazing and never complains, unlike his wife who does enough complaining for the two of us.
Looks awesome, sending labor thoughts your way!
ReplyDelete