We woke up early, got everyone dressed and ready to go, I got cleared by my doctor and then they came and took Jackson to the nursery to wait for the pediatrician. All of this took place before 9am but unfortunately we never walked out of the hospital until 1:30 in the afternoon. Yes that's right.. we waited over four hours to leave. I tried to be patient but I seriously thought I was going to scream my head off or run into the nursery, steal my child and spring out of the place. When it was finally our time to leave, our nurse walked us out, gave us huge hugs, wished us the best and sent us on our way with a nice pink rose that they gave to all their moms. I quickly forgave the staff that I was cursing a few minutes earlier, but told Ed to floor it so we could get out of there.
Regardless ..... we got home safe and sound and are enjoying every second we get to spend with both of our boys.
Last morning waking up in the hospital and cuddling as we watched the sun rise.
Look at those chicken legs.
Freshly bathed after pooping all over himself in the nursery.
Annoyed Mommy waiting to go home. and more waiting!!
Finally we got our boy back from the nursery and started to get him ready to head home. Yes, there is a bottle on his head and instead of helping Ed just giggled and snapped pictures. We definitely are out of practice. We forgot little mittens so he wouldn't scratch his face so we used his socks.
Such a cute outfit right? Ma Maw got this for him and we've had it sitting out for months and months just waiting to bring him home and take pictures with his brother. I don't even need to type this because I'm sure you can imagine.... Poop and lots of it took this outfit off this little guy just as quickly as we put it on. At least we got a few pictures of him in it.Strapped in and ready to go....
But still no doctor
So again we wait.............and wait.................and wait!!!!
Luckily he is the most laid back baby I have ever been around and just chilled and slept the day away.
Heading home and watching (umm kind of) the people at the beach and the planes flying over out the window.
Our facial expressions clearly show what type of mood we were in when we got home and how much patience we had left.
Aww... look at that face. Pa Pa scooped him up to get him away from our negative energy.Caden woke up from his nap and Ed and I literally sprinted up to see him. I was moving a bit slower and got there after Ed. The three of us spent the next 10 minutes together and laid on the floor in his room with him until he woke up and he hugged us and rubbed our backs, kissed us and showed us why we were so sad to be away from him.
Then he came down to see what all the fuss was about.
He was very sweet with Jackson and excited that he was home to stay.
(Or at least that's what we tell ourselves.)
Mi Mi cuddling with her newest grandson. (She has three now)
Jackson's first visitors were Aunt Susan along with Taylor and Kelsey.
LOVE this picture!!
Adjusting to his new crazy life and learning that the crazy people he is surrounded by love him like crazy!!
Smile or gas? You pick!
On Another Note.....
The next morning Pa Pa headed home after being here for four days. He and his buddy Caden had a blast together the entire time we were here and we were all a little sad to see him go. Ok, lets be honest... I cried my eyes out as Caden called his name as he was leaving, but of course we were all ok a few minutes later. We miss you Pa Pa and hope you come back soon, but can you be a bit less fun next time? Since you have left everytime I go to get Caden out of his crib in the morning he lays there and asks for you and won't let me pick him up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment