Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Daddy tries his hand at cutting hair

Well... the story goes like this.  Last night I met some friends for dinner.  I haven't been out with them in months and months and was so excited to go.  I did feel a bit guilty about leaving the boys at home which is just utterly ridiculous because they are (usually) perfectly fine without me.  Actually they are usually following their own agenda in the evenings which includes bike rides, ice cream runs, working with power tools, planting grass, playing in the yard, etc.  Therefore I really didn't think I had anything at all to worry about... ummm boy was I wrong.
To make a long story short.. we took Caden to get his haircut on Sunday. It was a complete disaster, he screamed bloody murder and only got half a haircut.  The nice hairdresser told Ed to bring him back without me on Monday and she'd finish the cut for him.  They both thought Caden was overly upset when I was there.  Monday night came, I went to dinner, Ed took him to finish his haircut ant it was a repeat of Sunday.  Screaming and freak out = no haircut. 

Skip ahead to later in the evening...... Ed gets an ingenious idea to finish the haircut himself while I'm at dinner.  When I got home and Ed told me Iabout the hair cut.  I have to admit I handled it very well and told him it was no big deal.  Ed said he was emotionally exhausted and just hoped it grew out quickly.

In a short, kind, non-judgemental description he looks very cute with a bit of a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet look with a twish of an 80's side burns with the lines in it .  We are now at the point that we can laugh at it and find our selves giggling hysterically from time to time.

 Sporting this cute hat today to let the haircut grow out a little bit.
 Hat or not hat... good hair cut or bad.. I think he's still pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment