To make a not so long story even shorter.... they asked if I wanted an epidural, but I wasn't in hardly any pain so I waited awhile. An hour later, still not in terrible pain, I got the epidural. They broke my water at 7am and then we waited. The contractions began to slow down due to the epidural, so they started me on some pitocin. Still there really wasn't any pain, just a bit of pressure. My parents arrived and we all just hung out and chatted the time away. Around 11:15 I started to let the nurse know that I thought my epidural should be checked because I was starting to feel a bit more pressure. The mid-wife checked my progress around 11:30 and told me I would have a baby before 12:00. Little did we know, Jackson would be born 8 minutes later!!
In comparison to Caden's delivery this one was a complete breeze. I thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of the labor and delivery (yes I realized that sounds crazy) and could not have asked for better care from the medical staff, my family and friends. From those who stayed to watch Caden, to those who were there to see I was feeling ok, and even the medical staff who delivered me were absolutely incredible.
Welcome to the world Jackson Garrett Slatt!!
Born on August 18, 2011 at 11:38am
7lbs. 10oz. and 19 inches
4:00 am.. just hanging out and wondering when our little Jackson would make his appearance.
Ed LOVES the baby warmer. It seriously cracks me up.
We walked in the room and he was excited to see it.
AND HE'S HERE!!!!
Thanks for taking it easy on your Mommy. It won't soon be forgotten. I promise!
Mi Mi was able to be in the delivery room again this time.
One of the proud Grandfather's this little guy was named after.
Ed being silly and trying to feed Jackson a cracker. We have the same picture of him trying to feed Caden a krimpet.
7lbs. 10oz. 19 inches long
Ma Maw got there shorty after the delivery.
Daddy relaxing with his little man after a long night.
Love this picture!!
Ed and I loved our time in the hospital with Caden when he was first born and we loved it again this time with Jackson. The only downfall to this time was that we so desperately missed Caden, but we were in our own little time warp for two days. We had no idea what it was like outside or what was going on in the real world. We snuggled with Jackson, napped the day away and just enjoyed watching the banner planes flying over the beach go past our window.
This picture cracks me up!
This was the view from our room. Those large, ugly objects are some type of duct work outside our window. If you stood on your tippy toes though you could see the ocean over them and the sun rising each morning. So... it was kind of a beach front room. :)
The first time we changed Jackson, Ed and I looked at each other and were just shocked at how little he was. We completely forgot how teeny tiny newborns are.
I've been awaiting this post - congratulations to all the Slatts!
ReplyDelete