Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hawaii Day 3

Once again we had a great day, and I have to admit as we get more settled in and learn our way around the days are going by faster and faster.  The little man decided to go against everything we asked for and was up at 4am this morning.  We let him toss and turn in bed with us till 445 when Mi-Mi so graciously came to get him so we could sleep a little bit longer.  I really can't complain though, considering the kid went to bed at 6:30 last night and slept until 4am.  Regardless, I'm still yawning as I write this and Ed is already fast asleep in bed. (It's only 8:30 here.)

Yet another day of shopping.  Are you serious Mom I just want to crawl in the sand and eat it already.

Tired of shopping

Nope.. those toes aren't swollen because of the heat.  They are always that chubby and cute.

Ok... after this shot I picked him up and carried him because I felt bad.

On our way back to the hotel we saw a women teaching kids how to hula dance in the courtyard.  Caden wanted to join in, but I think the requirement of standing would have held him back a little.


After his nap today we didn't hula, but we did practice walking.  He is offically crawling to different places and pulling himself up.  Today it was the coffee table.  Get the ice packs and band-aids ready.. this kid is going to give me heart failure on a daily basis.




He's such a Mommy's boy lately.  He wants to be held a lot, which really upsets me (ha-ha).  Today though when Ed was leaving for work he crawled to the door to try and follow him and cried when the door shut.  We told Ed when he got home and he said it's good he didn't hear because he would have turned around and come back for the day.  We're in trouble ..... this cutie has us wrapped.

Then we headed to the beach.  We played in the sand for awhile but ended up in the pool.  He liked that a lot more for some reason and had a blast watching all the kids splashing around.  It kind of makes me twitch that we came the whole way to Hawaii to swim in a pool, but whatever makes Caden happy makes Mommy happy too.

View hanging out at the beach (for the 10 mintues we were there).


That's Ed on the left and me on the right heading out to catch a few waves before dinner time. 
Ha... the hilarity in that is endless.




Then we were once again graced with an amazing rainbow before dinner.  Did I mention I love Hawaii?


Daddy came home and wanted to go out for ice cream after dinner.  Some of us were more excited than others.  


The tiki torches and the sunset was worth the grumpy looks and constant jabbering of "da da da da da" as we walked around the complex.  Caden brightened up a little when Daddy shared his ice cream cone, but quickly reminded us in his own special way that we were way past his bed time.



Then it was straight to bed when we got back.  Again... cross your fingers for a later start tomorrow morning.

Hawaii Day 3= More shopping, more rainbows, swimming for the first time, sunsets and ice cream cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment