Friday, August 20, 2010

9 Months Old

My little boy is 9 months old today.  The time is flying by so quickly, but each day brings a new skill he has learned and a new adventure for all of us.  Wish us luck as we leave on our biggest adventure yet, bright and early tomorrow morning.  We are taking our big 9 month old to Hawaii for two weeks.  We are so excited and hopeful that he's extra sleepy on the plane.

Happy 9 months Caden!









9 NEW THINGS ABOUT OUR 9 MONTH OLD

1.) He crawls like a maniac all over the place.  He's hard to keep up with.

2.) He can now pull himself up to a standing position.  I found him standing at his crib smiling at me the other day.

3.) Along with standing, he also enjoys chewing on the wood of his crib.  GROSS!

4.) He is obsessed with waving.  One hand or both, he'll do either one.

5.) He is into watching TV much more these days.  He zones out for a good 5 minutes.  I'm not too worried since it's still only 5 minutes.

6.) He has started grunting.  This child finds new sounds to make everyday.  Recently we've moved to an annoying grunt.  I hope this phase doesn't last long.

7.) We had our first temper tantrum at nap time today.  It was a good one involving back arching, kicking, and real tears.  I'm just thankful it took us thing long to experience it.

8.) His new favorite toy is a ladle.  Yes, I said a ladle like what is used to serve soup.  He holds it in his hand and waves it around as he's eating dinner.  Sometimes even uses it to pet the doggies.  As long as he's not smacking them with it I'm ok.

9.) The best thing about Caden right now is that he loves his Mommy so much and will crawl into my lap to have stories read to him, or crawl over and put his arms in the air for me to pick him up.  I swear I love this little man more and more each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment