My parents came to visit for the weekend, and we spent a perfect afternoon out in the backyard. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the sun was shining. Caden ran, and laughed, and tripped and fell, got back up again, ran all over the yard, blew bubbles, dumped the watering can about a thousand times, went down the slide, spent endless time in the swing, AND PLAYED IN THE MUD. Yes, my child got his hands dirty and was covered in mud. I was twitching, but he was having a blast, so I rolled with it. I do have to admit he chased me around the yard trying to touch me with his hands and I screamed and ran away, which just made him laugh and run faster towards me. It really was the perfect day.
Here are a few new things that Caden has discovered how to do lately...
He now says uh oh... sometimes in context and sometimes just randomly babbling.
He climbs on anything and everything. Ottomans, coffee tables, chairs, couches, etc. He is a wild man.
He loves blackberries and blueberries. I know I've mentioned this before, but he has been housing them by the bowl-fuls lately.
He LOVES to dance. To music of any kind, to you clapping, or to your simple request for him to dance.
Each morning after he's done eating breakfast we have to walk out on the back porch and wave good morning to Poodie. (His fabulous sitter Susan who lives right next door.) Whether it's cold, windy, or even light rain we still do it. We wave good morning, blow her a kiss, say good morning for Daisy (the dog) and then head back inside. Just to clarify, she's not out there, but Caden knows where she lives and has to make sure to say hello to her general direction in the morning.
Caden's favorite part of the day is when Ed gets home from work. If we are inside and he hears the garage door he stars clapping and yelling, if we are outside waiting for him he will sprint to the car with arms wide open waiting to be picked up. I must say, it's one of my favorite times of the day as well.
The child is obsessed with clean laundry. Every time I bring a basket of his clothes that need to be folded he gets super excited. I dump it on him and on his bedroom floor and he is a pig in mud. He will throw the clothes, wrap them around his head like he's trying to put them on, and repeatedly unfold the clothes I've already folded. If only he could learn to put them away.
On another note...
Caden HATES to get his diaper changed and usually turns it into a wrestling match these days.
He will yell when he is finished eating and swing his arms to clear anything and everything that is remaining on his tray off for the dogs to enjoy.
He thinks "No" is funny which has resulted in numerous issues with climbing, plugs, watering cans, and much more. This should be interesting if this continues.
He's been boycotting naps all together. A few times this week he only slept 15 minutes the entire day. He can keep this up for 2-3 days, but then he crashes and needs a 2 or 3 hour nap to catch up. I wish I could bottle all of his little energy.
He has started pinching. He does it when he gets excited or scared. He seems to do it mostly to me and Aunt Susan. He'll pinch your arms, cheeks, legs and sometimes he'll even squeeze your entire head. It hurts sometimes but always makes me laugh.
He loves to shake his head "NO" at you to tell you he is not interested in doing whatever it is you want him to do. He will even listen to conversations and insert his opinion. Ex.) "Ed, can you please change his diaper for me?" Caden is shaking his head no. "It's almost time to take yo up for a tubby." Again, no! I'm in trouble when he learns how to say the actual word.
Finally.. my absolute favorite thing about Caden. Tonight while I was picking him up out of his high chair I asked him where the baby was and he pointed to my stomach. We've been talking about where the baby was over the past few weeks, but I didn't realize he was comprehending what I was saying. It was such a special moment and I'm so excited that both Ed and my parents were here to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment