When the door opened though and it was time to walk back the hallyway all that changed. As soon as we walked into the exam room he instantly burst into tears. From there it went to screaming, gurgling, gagging, and almost vomiting three times (that I remember). He threw a fit every time the doctor tried to touch him and we had to physically hold him down for everything they had to do. If that wasn't enough it literally took all three of us to hold him down for his shots.
By the time we walked out of there we were all sweating, Caden was dripping wet, and truth be told I think we were all a bit teary both with sympathy and pride. As we were leaving the room he was still very upset, but the doctor gave him a "take home book" and some Advil. I asked him to thank the doctor and with a quivering lip and uncontrollable sniffles he found it in him to sign "thank you" to the doctor over and over again.
Riding home as we looked at him in the back seat, completely exhausted and sweaty with not one, but two lollipops in his mouth I was thrilled that the entire thing was over. We don't have to go back until his 2 year check up, which means we will be there many times with the new baby before Caden has to go back. WOW ... wake up call for us!!!
Here are his stats.... he weighs 25lbs. and is 32 inches tall. He is in the 50% for both height and weight, and as always, in our eyes, he's perfect!!
BEFORE THE DOCTOR VISIT...
Here he is hanging in his jammies watching the Wonder Pets after breakfast.
Just for the record.. that's yogurt on his shirt, not snot or any other child-like substance.
Dancing in the living room. I LOVE the wide leg stance!!
Poor thing.. he had no idea what the rest of his day was going to be like. He napped this afternoon from 2:30 until almost 6 and did some errands with Ed and I tonight. He was such a sweetheart and bounced back from his traumatic 25 minutes of Hell. He won't remember anything tomorrow, but I will. :(
Special Thanks to Aunt Susan for once again being our saving grace. This big ol' Momma definitely could not have won that wrestling match today without you. You're the best tag team partner around!
No comments:
Post a Comment