Friday we headed into our local boardwalk pizza place, Gee-Gee's for dinner. It was terribly windy and we were forced to eat inside, but it was still a great time. After dinner we went out on the beach for about .2 seconds before poor Caden had goose bumps all over his little body, so we headed home earlier than we expected, but it was still a blast.
I tutored in the mornings all weekend long, and Ed was an awesome Daddy. He watched Caden every day doing more fun and exciting things each day. Then when I got home we would just hang out in the back yard having fun with the water table and relaxing together.
Today when I headed out to tutor Ed packed the morning with lots of fun with Caden. He planned a play date at the park with our neighbor and his son (yes, I said Ed planned a play date), and then after that he took Caden to get his hair cut. I don't know if you understand, but taking Caden to get his hair cut has been almost as bad as taking him to the doctors. Ed, however, just calmly took him on his own and he came back with an adorable new hair cut. As sad as I am to see his little curls go, I know they will be back soon, and I am so happy and proud of Ed. I think we need to start a new tradition of Daddy/son haircuts without Mom being present. I think I'm the problem in the equation.
Then this afternoon Ed's cousin Danny stopped by for a quick visit before heading home to PA. We once again hung in the back yard, the boys enjoyed some great drinks (insert jealousy here), we had a great dinner and saw him on his way back home.
All in all I had a fantastic weekend just relaxing at home with my boys!!
(Be warned.. there are A LOT of pictures!)
The boys trying to get the water table to work.
Caden loved the hose, as long as Daddy was holding it. He's such a scaredy cat.
Someone lost a shoe....no problem Daddy can't fix.
He enjoys trying to blow the bubbles on his own. Unfortunately he thinks he needs to put the blower thing in his mouth to do it. It's hilarious and gross all at the same time.
Caden insisted on holding the bubble animal while he was swinging, but then he was upset when the bubbles spilled on him.
No weekend is complete without an impromptu fort being built throughout the day.
THE NEW HAIRCUT!!!!
As much as I miss the curls, I do think he looks quite handsome.
The boys had what they call "dueling TV's" going at this point. Caden watches his mini-dvd player and Ed watches the big TV. It's very cute and usually includes some milk, cuddling, and jammies before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment