Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fun Filled Weekend

This weekend was busy from beginning till end.  We spent a lot of time with great friends and family, we are all exhausted but thankful to be surrounded by such great people.

Friday night our friends Eric and Katie came over for dinner and we were able to finally meet their adorable new son.  Kevin is such a sweet little boy and was so well behaved.  Little Kevin is lucky to have such great parents!
Sorry again to Eric and Katie for my husband who stole your delicious cheesecake.  I'd like to tell you that I'm still mad at him, but we've been eating it for two days and it is simply delicious!


Then Saturday morning we headed to Jersey City for Brady's 3rd Birthday Party.  As always, Brady's mom Lauren had their place decorated as cute as could be.  Adorable banner, cute birthday shirt for Brady, balloons, rainbow cupcakes, and even Rita's Italian ice.  That girl knows how to throw a party.. three year old style.  We had a blast and only wish I would have remembered to put the battery in the camera before leaving so we could have taken pictures.

Caden before the party.

When we got back from the party, Ed's parents arrived shortly after for a quick over night visit.  We had a great time hanging out in the backyard, playing with Ma Ma and Pop Pop and eating yummy hummus and peanut butter cupcakes that Ma Ma made.

This morning Caden and his granparents headed out bright and early for a walk to the beach and back.  We met them at a local place half way back to our house for breakfast.  We used to go there all the time before Caden was born, but haven't been there since.  We're always a little scared to take him out to a restaurant to eat, but after today I realized we have nothing to be scared of .  He was very well behaved and we actually enjoyed a great breakfast!

After a LONG (3.5 hour) nap this afternoon for Caden and I we ate dinner not long after waking up.  We're trying to let Caden learn to use his spoon and fork while eating.  I decided to prove to those that think I cannot let my child get dirty, specifically my sister, that I can actually relax and let him get messy.  Here is our little man learning all about applesauce. WARNING... it is a bit gross!






His face shows you he likes being messy about as much as his Mommy does.
Then it was time to clean him up.  He kept trying to touch Ed who would scream and jokingly tell him to keep his sticky hands to himself. 
 Look at that smile!!




Here is is playing around and trying to put off his tubby as long as possible.



 I LOVE this face.. I asked him where Daddy went and this is what he did.  It is his universal response whenever you ask him a question that he doesn't know the answer to.

Finally a few pictures of Caden and I being silly.  The large belly finally makes its way to the blog.  I guess after 7 months it's about time. :)


The perfect place for him to sit!

Thanks to everyone that made our weekend so special & Happy 3rd Birthday Brady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment