Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

SO, last year Ed was away on business for my first Mother's Day.  He sent flowers and did his best to make me feel special on my first Mother's Day evern though he wasn't here. I had very high expectations for today since Ed was here and my parents were in town.  In some ways things exceeded my expectations and went very well, but in other ways it went wrong.  Very, very wrong!!!  Despite all the bad things, I had a great day and have so much to be thankful for including Cable in our bedroom (my gift from Ed) and a shopping spree for new clothes (my gift from Caden).

Our day in review...
First.. Caden was up all night long with a low grade fever and was just fussy.  Ed slept on his bedroom floor with him, which resulted in a grumpy little guy and an exhausted Daddy.  Ed slept in late this morning to recover from last night, and I made breakfast for everyone or attempted to.  I ended up burning the muffins and dropped a glass on the kitchen floor and it shattered EVERYWHERE!  Mind you this was all before 9am. 

Then the day turned out a bit better when we headed to the beach for lunch.  It was a gorgeous day out, and Caden was not only fun but he looked really cute too.  Ok, he is in DEPSERATE need of a haircut, but he still looked cute.

After a quick nap for Mommy, we sat down to enjoy a wonderful dinner of sausage and peppers.  Just as I finished feeding Caden, which is an impossible feat in and of itself AND successfully got some Ibuprofen in him, he projectile vomited all over himself.  My parents were literally walking back to the table from dishing their plates and he's puking everywhere.  I seriously could have just cried right there, but I realized life goes on and Mommy duties are required whether it's Mother's Day or not.  Ed and I quickly gave him a tubby and tried to enjoy the rest of our dinner.  

We laughed about it over some much needed Dairy Queen ice cream after cADEN was in bed and Ed has concluded that he is thrilled with how the day turned out.  He told Caden all they have to do next year, along with Caden's little brother is keep everyone from puking and it will be better than this year.  Lesson learned today... set the bar low so next year is easy to out do the previous year.

 Some pizza, cheesesteaks, fries, and soda at Gee-Gees.  Artery clogging yet delicious.
 Then Ed decided to show Caden where the arcade was.  This may have been our biggest mistake ever!!
 He loved the Spiderman car.
 I LOVE this picture.. he was hilarious!

 Then he decided to break it down with a little Dance, Dance Revolution!
 Little strong man just to show off.

 Then he took off... I mean all out sprint.
 Just for the record, he will NEVER be bringing one of these home. 
 We decided it was time to go to the beach, and this is the only way we were able to get him out of the arcade.
 One last hit for Daddy.
 First time on the beach this year.



 Whoa NELLY.. check out that belly on Mommy!!
 He played with his bucket forever.  I keep telling Ed we need a sandbox and he responds with, "We have the biggest sandbox ever a mile away."


Watching Daddy fly his kite.



 I was almost positive he would come back from this little walk soaking wet.  To my surprise he was completely dry.  Good job Dad and Ed!!

 We were in the red zone at this point.  Daddy couldn't see, Caden was fussing, therefore the only smile is from Mommy.



Time to head home for milky, his blankey, and what else... Wonder Pets!!

On a side note... to my WONDERFUL Mother and Mother in law, my sister, sister in law, AUNT SUSAN, and all my friends who are mothers or soon will be... I hope you all had a fabulous day.  I am the Mother than I am because of each and everyone of you!!

2 comments:

  1. I am sitting here alone, and literally laughing out loud to myself!!! I have decided that I must get a spiderman suit, (don't worry I will make Darryl wear it)

    If I did not express enough, the pure joy I receive from being around Caden, I need to tell you how happy you have made me by having this child, and I cannot wait for the arrival of his brother. I see nothing but more joy in my future :) You are a wonderful mother, and as I always say, it's the hardest job on earth, but truly a labor of love. You and Ed are wonderful parents, Caden and any other child that enters your home, is very blessed to be able to call you his mother, and Ed his father. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the sweetest ever!! We are lucky to have you, and lucky that you put up with all our craziness over here. Thanks for coming along for the ride on this crazy trip called life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete