Friday, September 3, 2010

Hawaii Day 13

Today we decided to go to the Waikiki Aquarium.  It is right across the street from the zoo that we went to the other day and it was a blast.  We once again woke up early, packed up, and headed down the street to the aquarium.  This is the first time Caden has ever been to an aquarium and the first time in many, many years that Ed and I have been to one.



Mom, am I EVER going to get out of this stupid stroller?  Seriously!

The aquarium had these little hand held devices that looked like phones that you held up to your ears to listen to the information about the different exhibits.  If you look closely you can see mine in the stroller.  I am more a visual learner and couldn't be bothered with the boring descriptions of what we were seeing.  Yeah, I'm definitely not the greatest example for Caden.  Oh well, he's still too young to understand.

Mommy just taking the boy to the fun exhibits.  No need for explanations!



Lots of Nemos and Dories in this tank.

This is a giant clam shell.  It was HUGE!

Nice picture of the octopus.  Notice the "No Flash Please" sign.  Yeah, I was the idiot who just ran over and snapped a picture without noticing the sign directly in front of my face.  Maybe if I was listening to that silly recording I would have realized not to snap a picture.  Hope this little guy is still swimming after his traumatic experience this morning.

One thing with Ed is that he cannot fake excitement or happiness even if he wants to.  One guess how he felt about this specific exhibit......  Go ahead... guess!

The boys waiting for the sharks to swim by.

There he is!!

The seahorses were very cool!

And the stingrays too!

Heading to the outdoor exhibits.  I think my boys are almost vacationed out.

Those chubby little legs are always crossed when he gets tired.

Then we found the best exhibit yet... THE SEALS!!  These guys were amazing and right next to us!

Well good morning sir!

Trying to point out the seals to Caden, but he just kept looking at his Daddy who was laughing.

One guess who fell asleep in the car again.

Enjoying our last few days and trying to take in as much as we can before it's time to head back home.

They had an exhibit on how to make a coral reef at home.  All I"m saying is that I better not walk into my basement in a month and see this contraption set up down there.  It sparked Ed's attention a little too much for my liking.  

Once again.. gorgeous views at the aquarium.

After his nap the shenanigans began as soon as my little monster woke up.  Notice he had one goal in mind, to get those chubby fingers on my computer. Like father like son.

The boys goofing around this afternoon.  Soon after Caden was trying to balance on his knees and fell and knocked his head on the hard wood floors.  There were tons of tears before he crashed out for a nap, but when he woke up we saw that those tears were solicited because he has a nice gooney on his forehead. This is the first of many I'm sure.

Heading out for a walk on the beach before dinner.

Daddy has been enjoying some Ben and Jerry's the past few nights, and Caden finally decided he needed to see what all of Daddy's mmmmmm's have been about.  It was clear from the first bite that this little boy is going to share his Daddy's love for ice cream.

We were having a hard time holding him back.  He wanted to get his hands on that whole container so badly.


Hawaii Day 13= Aquarium early on, 221st stop at to grocery store, long afternoon naps, walk on the beach before dinner, and some delicious ice cream before bed. Oh yeah.. and a little gooney on the head.












No comments:

Post a Comment