Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another Fun Day in the Slatt House

After surviving yet another day I'm torn to tell the truth of what actually happened in our house throughout the day today, or lie and sugar coat things for my friends who are pregnant with their first child and still in the dark as to what parenthood is actually like.  In an effort to help them be prepared for what is to come and let them know that sweet adorable little babies are not always cute and precious, here is a day in our life.

Bright and early at 6:30 this morning Ed brought Caden over to snuggle in bed with us.  Unexpectedly we were welcomed by a stuffy nosed, raspy little boy.  He was smiling away and happy as every, so we weren't quite sure if he was getting sick or if it was just a result of teething.  After squirting saline up his tiny little nose, spilling sticky motrin all over myself without Caden's help this time, and searching all over the house for the nebulizer that I so non-chalantly threw in my bathroom closet after returning from Hawaii, I felt confident leaving Caden in Aunt Susan's loving arms and headed off to school.



Here is our teether chewing away on his felt wrench.  Everytime he'd bite on it, it would squeak.



Then Aunt Susan snapped these adorable pics while I was at school.

Aunt Suan was trying to explain to me how Caden squeezes his eyes shut when he plays with a certain toy on his walker, but I hadn't seen it first hand yet, until now!!

This kid gets funnier by the day.

Yelling some type of nonsense.

Yes, that is a yellow duster that he is playing with.





Then I got home from school and snatched up this adorable bundle of joy in my arms and headed upstairs to snuggle and take a nap with my baby boy. We rocked, Caden fell fast asleep, we snuck over to my bed and crawled in.  All was perfect in our tiny little world.  I was exhausted and couldn't wait to crash out for a good two hours, right?  WRONG!  Exactly 32 minutes later my chubby little man rolled over, smiled and was wide awake and ready to play.  Future Mommies... this is the time of day where you rally, you take a deep breath, dig deep and realize that someone controls your life now and napping on your own time schedule is a thing of the past.

Then it was dinner time.  Caden and I had walked to the stored after his nap, so I finally had all the ingredients I needed to prepare a nice meal.  I fed the dogs, loaded Caden into his high chair and got ready for him to say nah nah nah nah nah and spit food at me for 30 minutes all while trying ot make dinner at the same time.  Mission accomplished. Caden fed, dogs fed, dinner started.  I unload Caden and put his in his playroom only to hear to noises associated with him going # 2. (If you know what I mean :)  No sooner do I walk in the playroom and pick Caden up to change him then I see a large clump of something brown on the floor.  I had to laugh so I didn't cry.  My kid pooped on the playroom floor.  To spare you the details that followed, I will just say on top of all I had to do to get dinner ready, we added an impromptu tubby in the mix.  Somehow we got it all, well almost all done before Daddy got home.  There was still a "surprise" waiting for him on the playroom floor when we came home.

To all my expecting friends.  These are the days that you just laugh because if you don't laugh you will surely end up in tears.  Parenthood... gotta love it!

Awww... our little Poopy Pooperson in his jammies before 6pm.


 Ed does this new thing where he cradles the teddy bear and pretends like it's a baby.  Caden hates it and rips the bear out of Ed's hands and crawls into his lap every time.  It's hilarious!





Then we had another session in Caden walking.  As adorable and exciting as it is, it also breaks my heart that he's this big already.  In a way I want to push him down and keep him little forever, but then I may seriously be committed for pushing my kid to the ground just when he's starting to walk.  He doesn't quite understand yet that he can't play with the toys while walking at the same time.  A few falls should fix that.


Then we found ourselves on the playroom floor just joking around and caught this super cute moment with Caden.  We try to make time for the three of us each night before Ed puts Caden to bed.  Again to my expecting friends... there may be dishes in my sink, laundry piled up and toys everywhere, but to me things like that don't matter so much anymore when you get to enjoy a moment like this with your little family.

Like I said before.... Just Another Fun Day in the Slatt House!!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what parenthood is really like!! I am scared. Just kidding...it will be all worth it. LOOK HOW CUTE YOUR SON IS! Totally worth the lack of naps and random poop on the floor.

    ReplyDelete