Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Funny Stories

Caden has been absolutely hilarious lately.  He's been talking more and more each day and has recently become very opinionated.  Here are some of the funny things we've found him doing or saying over the past two weeks.

- Ed found him standing (yes standing) on the tray on his high chair the other night.  He climbed it from the front of the high chair and by some miracle it did not tip over on him.

-Ed was in the bathroom shaving for work the other day and I had Caden in his room trying to get him dressed for the day.  I turned around and he had run over to the bathroom door in just his diaper.  He started knocking on the door and calling Daddy, which was pretty cute until I looked again and he had taken his diaper off and was screaming "pee pee."  He's infatuated with trying to go pee pee on the potty, but every time we put him on the potty he loses interest.

- Today at music class for the first time EVER Caden hugged his favorite little girl Caroline AND got stamps on both of his hands.  For the child that used to literally run out of the back door of the gym to avoid the stamps, this is a big step.

- We went to the neighbors on Sunday night to watch some football and have some adult conversation.  Ed and Darryl were out on the back deck and Caden insisted they come inside.  He stood at the sliding glass door and screamed.. "Daddy in eeerreee.  Daddy in eerrreee." and very emphatically pointed to the ground inside the house.  He will do whatever he can these days to get his point across.

- Ed started washing Jackson's bottles with Caden for something to do.  This backfired in a big, big way.  Anytime there is even one bottle that is dirty he starts screaming.. "Ba Bas!!"  over and over and over again.  If there aren't any dirty bottles and he wants to wash them he will go get clean sippy cups from his drawer and put them in the dirty bin.  Thanks Ed!!

-Yesterday I went to get him out of his crib after his nap and he was very politely holding his wet diaper in his hand and handed it to me as he lay there stark ass naked.  Thank the good Lord it was only wet.  

- We thought we were slick and hid Caden's birthday and Christmas presents in our hall coat closet.  I seriously do not know what we were thinking because everyday he goes over and tries to get into the closet to see his toys.  This ended in us giving in and letting him have one of his presents early.  Caden =1 ..... Mommy and Daddy=0!

- Caden received his first airplane magazine and EAA membership from his Pop Pop yesterday.  He was so excited and has not put the magazine down since he first got it.  Then today for the first time ever he started pointing to himself and saying, "Pop pop, me, up, broom broom."  Which I will translate for you... he was trying to tell me he wanted to go flying with Pop Pop in his airplane.  It's incredible to see him absorbing things and putting more and more thoughts together each day.

- Tonight as I was walking past Caden I tooted (yes I'm admitting I did this even though Ed says Slatt women don't toot), and Caden starts screaming as loud as he could.. "Mommy poo... Mommy poo!!"  Thanks buddy... 

- Mr. Indepent walked himself to the kitchen the other day while I was feeding Jackson, opened the pantry door for the first time, brought me the case of DVD's and started to unload them and tell me which one he wanted to watch.  Then he turned on the mini-DVD player and put in a new DVD.  Where the hell did he learn how to do all of this?

- He is obsessed with being in the closets or bathrooms in the dark.  Lately we've lost him in the house a few times and we just have to stand still and listen for where the knocking is coming from.  He'll just giggle and giggle when he finally find him and open the door.

Now onto Jackson....

- He is finally out of the blob stage and is shaping his own little unique personality.

- He literally smiles all.day.long!  You simply need to glance in his direction and he will smile for ear to ear.  Caden definitely was not as personable and alert as this age.  

- Jackson laughs so hard that he will get the hiccups any and every time you give him the least amount of attention.

I know it's short and sweet but lets be honest.. that's about all he's doing these days.  He's cute and cuddly but isn't scaling high chairs, stripping throughout the day or playing hide and go seek with himself like his brother is doing. I'll enjoy it when that time comes, but for now I appreciate only one mobile child at a time.

*** Side Note.... we went to the beach this weekend and unfortunately our new, expensive camera was dropped on the concrete and cracked.  We may be without pictures for a few days.. hence the wordy blog you just read.**

No comments:

Post a Comment