Want to see what I'm talking about? Just take a look at our day today, which was a million times better than yesterday.
After a rough day yesterday I knew I had to step up my creativity today. We started the day with a rice sandbox for Caden to play with.
We got as much rice on the floor as we did on the tray which resulted in a quick cleaning session. Caden liked tis as much if not more than playing with the rice.
One second later someone threw yet another temper tantrum and the lollipop ended up on the floor.
My sweet, sweet Jackson just laid on the floor, watched the fan and cooed the day away. Ha.. that would be a perfect world. He cried and arched his back and made the day just a bit longer.
T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
Someone then decided that he wanted to put on his Big Boy pants. Today he rocked the boxer briefs. He didn't quite get the idea of going pee pee on the potty so we spent a lot of time running back and forth from one potty to another just flushing the toilets while sitting on them. I then decided to run downstairs to get him a snack and when I came back he had pee in his little boxer briefs. I obviously expected this and was hoping it would happen so we could talk about it. I asked him if he peed and he said no. Then I asked if his big boy pants were wet and he said no again. Later in the day we revisited this exact same scenario again and his underwear ended up floating in the toilet. Lord help me when it's actually time to start potty training for real.Later in the day Caden decided he was going to be sweet and give his brother a little ride on his tractor.
Yesterday in review...
Here are some shots from our horrible day yesterday. There were lots of tears, lots of dirty diapers, a little bit of napping, but in the end we survived.
Look who's a big boy and can sit in his Bumbo chair.
Someone likes to lunge for the camera now every time I take his picture.
He constantly ran away from me yesterday and would go directly to where the hot crock pot was on. Ugghh this Mommy thing is simply exhausting.
Look who can also sit in his round-a-bout chair.
Allow me to explain why some of these pictures or blurry..And also why poor Jackson's face looks like this. As I was taking the pictures please enjoy what Caden was doing. (Disregard my non-showered, pajamas at 3pm look.)
Yes.. Caden was literally using me as a jungle gym as I was trying to take pictures.
And we wonder why Jackson's bouncy chair is bent to Hell requiring us to buy him a new one for Christmas.
At this point I was dying laughing because the chair shot him off... or should I maybe say launched him off
Not a happy camper!!
If our crazy, neverending, day wasn't enough this little guy decided to crawl.. um yes you heard me right.. craw last night. I laid him on the mat for some belly time and went to switch the laundry. When I came back he had inched his way the entire way off the blanket. I thought maybe a large bird had come in and picked him up and then dropped him 2 feet away, but nope... I watched him do it again and again. He pulls his legs up underneath him, pushes off and scoots across the floor. In addition to that he started rolling over his from his belly to his back time and time again today.
Deep breath... another day is over... everyone is alive and healthy and I didn't cry, consume large amounts of alcohol, or run away to join the circus. I consider that a success!!
No comments:
Post a Comment