Wednesday, January 12, 2011

S*I*C*K


Germs, germs, and more germs.  I swear that's all that is on our minds here in our household.  To rewind a bit, over the Christmas break, while we were in PA myself along with a few other family members came down with the lovely stomach flu.  Then poor Caden got a sinus infection in his eye.  Yes, I said his eye.  It was the most disgusting this I've ever seen and hard to look at.  Then we came back to Jersey thinking that everyone would be healthy and ready to start the New Year on the right foot.  Oh how wrong that thought was.. well unless you are Ed who has a super immune system and NEVER gets sick.

Caden's eye got worse and we had to take him back to the doctor, and then I came down with this disgusting Flu/cold and cough craziness.  I swear I could be the poster child for "coughing, sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, etc."  Most hours of the day I feel like a 90 year on with emphysema.  Definitely not my most atractive days.

Throughout this entire ordeal I've learned one very important lesson.  Mommy's NEVER get a sick day.  Well, I should retract that statement.  I did get a 4 hour break from our angel next door Susan when she so graciously took Caden so I could sleep on Friday when I called off sick.  After that though it was back to business as normal.  I love my son with all my heart, but I miss the days when you could just come home from work, crawl under the covers neglecting your husband (sorry Ed), your dogs, dinner, cleaning, and just feel bad for yourself until you felt better.  With a little one it tow, life just keeps going.  I've found myself stifling coughs during nap time, trying to blow my nose quietly during Wonder Pets as to not disturb the content child, and giving myself pep talks as I go rock him back to sleep at 11:30 last night feeling like death warmed over.

I will eventually feel better, and some day will stop coughing.  Until then I'll just loathe in self pity and continue to disgust everyone around me with my hacking, but I will keep going, and I won't complain (too much) because that's what Mommy's do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment