Wednesday, October 27, 2010

When It Rains It Pours...

This saying applied to our day today both literally and figuratively.  Let's first begin with the fact that it was a disgusting rainy day today.  Muggy, 70 degrees and wet = YUCK!

After going to work for 45 minutes I rushed home to take Caden to the doctors for his rash.Caden was exhausted on the way to the doctor's and Aunt Susan had to pull out her bag of tricks to keep him awake in the back seat.  He weathered the tired storm and never ended up falling asleep.

 It turns out that his rash is a virus.  I immediately was convinced that the doctor simply said that because she had no idea what was really wrong with Caden.  After returning to school and talking to some teachers I heard numerous stories of the same thing with their own kids and then began to believe the virus diagnosis.

When I returned home from school at 2pm Caden was just waking up from a 30 minute nap.  The first of the day and what would turn out to be the last.  I was certain I could get him to fall back to sleep because he was literally exhausted.  All afternoon though we wrestled back and forth in his muggy, hot room.  The warmer and more upset he got the more his poor rash would break out.  I left him in his crib a few times hoping he would just crash out, but he just became more and more hysterical.  I tried to let him play and he cried to be picked up, then arched his back and wanted down as soon as I picked him up.  At one point I fell asleep on his bedroom floor resting on his dog pillow pet as he chewed his crib railing and babbled alway.  Then after moving the small fan in his room in an effort to avoid his fingers getting chopped off and keep him from playing with the cord.  This was a wasted effort since the sneaky little guy yanked the cord before I could get there and the fan fell right on his head.  This resulted in tears, tears, and more tears.  After calming him down he went back in the crib, but looked so pathetic I resorted to crawling in there with him to try and get him to lay down and crash out.  NO LUCK!

These pictures are from around 4pm today when I waved my white flag and surrendered to my little man.  I have officially lost all control.  He calls the shots and rules our house... well at least for today.

 Reading up on the new gossip among the baby world.

 You can see some of the bigger bumps from his rash on his forehead.  Poor guy!
 Yucky, ugly, humid, rainy day!




 This is Caden's new trick.  Aunt Susan will say "Oh, no what are we going to do?" and this is what Caden does.  It's hilarious!
 The old ruler of the house (Mommy) passing over power to the chubby little man who called the shots all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment