It's official.. we survived yet another two days by ourselves while Ed was away on business. I give all the credit in the world to people who have to raise a child on their own for one reason or another. It is absolutely exhausting and your brain is literally mush after 24 hours of only interacting with a baby and only a baby. Luckily the weather was beautiful and we were able to be out and about a bit more then last time.
FRIENDS~
As I mentioned before, our next door neighbors had a baby 6 weeks after Caden was born. After many canceled visits due to winter colds we finally were able to introduce the boys today. Cole was the first baby that Caden has really been around, and he couldn't stop staring at Cole. He would smile at him and try to dive out of my hands to get closer to him. It was so cute to see, and luckily Caden decided to show up today rather than Hank which allowed Mommy to have a nice relaxing visit.
This picture cracks me up.. Caden's like ummm Mommy who is this and why is he touching me??
He got the ok from Mommy.. so now he's ok with his new friend touching him.
Hanging out on the couch.
A happy Mommy after a successful visit.
Daddy's attempt at a photo shoot while home on lunch break. I think Mommy is more of the photographer, but I'm not going to shatter his dreams.
CEREAL ~AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
When my nephew Dylan was younger and I would feed him, my sister would always make fun of me for being such a neat freak and trying to keep him clean throughout the meal. Needless to say that part of me did not disappear when Caden was born. As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I started wiping Caden's face at an early age just so he would be used to it when we started eating messy foods. I wipe the poor boy's mouth about a thousand times throughout a feeding and practially chap his poor little cheeks and lips. Finally, I realized that it's not even worth the effort and boys will be messy. Mommy is just going to have to deal with it.
WARNING.. this is gross.. prepare yourself.
He insists on holding a spoon like Mommy while he eats. He even tries to get it close to his mouth.
Tonight Caden was extra sleepy and kept rubbing his eyes, hence the baby food on his nose and eye lashes, and of course his forehead.
Yes, it makes me twitch to even look at this picture.
Ok here is just an extra picture from when we went for a walk the other day. I thought it was too cute not to include.
I hate to break it to you mommy, but that little guy is gonna get WAY more messy than those pictures!! You ain't seen nothing yet!! LOL!!
ReplyDelete