Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Two is better than one!

Although Jackson is almost 8 months old, I haven't really written about what it's like to have two precious little boys compared to what life was like when it was just Caden.
They always say that you never truly know what love is until you have a child and I couldn't agree more, but I would add that you never know how much love your heart can hold until you have a second child.  When I found out I was pregnant with Jackson I was filled with mixed emotions.  We were trying for a second baby and were lucky enough to get pregnant right away, but you still question how life will be.  Will you love the second like you love the first, will you have enough time in your day to spread your life around?  The answer is NO and NO.. and that is the best answer there could be!
You love each child in the own special way. You come to love and appreciate them for their individuality and their uniqueness.  You will feel spread thin more than you were with just one, and you will constantly feel like you neglected someone throughout the day, but it is all worth it.  The little smiles that the boys share.  The moments when Caden runs over to kiss Jackson, or tickles him, and the best is when Jackson uses all of his strength to crawl over just to try and touch Caden or be close to him.
Don't get me wrong.. two in diapers, two tubbies at night, two meals to prepare, two outfits to pick in the mornings, two boo boos to kiss, two poopy diapers to change at the same time can be a bit overwhelming at times, but aren't the things that you work the hardest for in life always the most rewarding?

There is no doubt in my mind that two little boys is by far better than one.  
We are enjoying this crazy journey together as a family of FOUR.  

To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. 
- Clara Ortega
























1 comment: