Last weekend we spontaneously packed everything up on a Friday afternoon, jumped in the car, and headed to PA. We had our family of four, my mom, and our two large dogs along for the ride. We decided last minute to get on the road and go because of Hurrican Irene.
The boys were fantastic in the car, and the dogs were great as well. Everyone slept the entire ride home except for me. I was stuck in the back with the two dogs and our air conditioning went out half way home. Yes, that means for over an hour I sweat my brains off. It was all worth it though because we had a quiet ride, which is pretty much unheard of with a 5 day old and a 21 month old.
Friday night we got into Ed's parents house just in time for Graci's 5th Birthday party. Then we just hung out all weekend long, introducing Jackson to his aunts and uncles and cousins for the first time. Sunday morning we had to leave Ed's parents house because of the high winds and they lost power. We had a fantastic time and appreciate Ed's parents taking us in.
Yes, we came home and cut this poor boy's hair after these pictures.
LOVE this picture with Caden and Aunt Dee Dee. He would wear this shirt that she got him in the Outer Banks every single day if I let him.
Caden enjoy one of Graci's Birthday cupcakes.
I have no idea why I don't have any pictures of Hunter and Graci holding Jackson???? Sorry.. I promise I will do better next time we were home. This trip was a bit of a whirlwind.
p.s. To all of our family back home in PA, we are thinking of you and hope that you are all hanging in there with the terrible flooding. We love you all and wish there was something we could do to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment