Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!!





Six years ago today Ed and I got married in a very beautiful ceremony at the Capitol in Harrisburg, surrounded by our friends and family.  Today, six years later, we had quite a day!!

I ran to PA on Wednesday to try and get the baby away from Ed because he was coming down will a nasty cold/sinus infection.  We weren't even in PA for 24 hours when Caden came down with the same thing.  The next few days were filled with a tough game of defense, played by Mommy to keep Caden away from Jackson.

Which leads us to today.  I decided to come back a day early to spend my anniversary with Ed.  Being the sweet husband that he is, he sent a dozen red roses to my parents.  I almost left town before the roses arrived.  Luckily I loaded the beautiful roses and my two sweet (and kind of cranky) boys in the car and headed home to see Ed.  After a rainy ride, hitting a dead stop on the NJ Turnpike for 20 minutes, surviving two crying boys and singing about 5,000 rounds of "If You're Happy and You Know It" we pulled into the driveway where Daddy greeted us.

We then decided to share a delicious Anniversary meal of take out sushi.  This sounded like a great idea until we sat down to eat and Jackson needed to be fed 5 minutes after we started eating. So, Ed kindly fed the baby leaving Caden and I at the table.  I was enjoying my sushi and trying to drown out the annoying voices of the Wiggles when Caden (who has a terrible gag reflex and basically hates all food), looked over and realized I was eating some terrible looking food and started gagging.  I then had to take him from the table and go watch The Wonder Pets with him until he settled down.  By this point Ed was back at the table with Jackson enjoying a few more bites of his sushi.  Then Caden, who still isn't feeling well started crying for Ed to come sit with him.  Usually nothing EVER gets in the way of Ed eating, but I think he felt bad that Caden was under the weather and he had been away, so once again we swapped spots and I enjoyed a few more bites.Needless to say our sushi was initially delicious, but turned out to be rather cold by the time we finished eating.


We finished our night with a romantic trip to the grocery store by myself while Ed stayed home with the boys.  On a positive note I got hit on in the grocery store and Ed didn't have a meltdown at home with the two boys by himself by the time I got back. Then we finished off the night with Ed watching X-Men, or tried to while we passed a crying Jackson back and forth trying to relieve his CONSTANT belly aches after eating.

So.... Happy Anniversary to the most amazing husband, father, and friend a girl could ask for.  These crazy times are the good ol' days!!! LOVE YOU... xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment