Friday, September 9, 2011

Caden Update

I have to be honest, since Jackson has arrived I constantly feel like I'm "cheating" on Caden.  Everytime I blog about Jackson I feel guilty to the point that I even contemplated starting two separate blogs for the boys, but then I realized that's just crazy.  Not to worry though, Caden gets most of my attention during the day as he is the needy one right now and Jackson just kind of hangs out (or cries) wherever I put him.

Caden has become a hilarious little guy. Out of no where and has started doing some very funny things since Jackson has come home and I don't want to forget them.

He started giving kisses when you ask for them and each night before bed he graciously pulls his sippy cup of of his mouth and gives me a wet milky kiss.  One of the best parts of my day.

He also goes into his closet and picks out his own taggy for bed.  His taggy is an old receiving blanket that we've had since he was born.  He has about five of them and we thought we were smart getting the same ones for Jackson, but he refuses to use them because the tags aren't worn enough for him.

He also started patting me on the back when he hugs me.  Again I LOVE this.

Today we were in his bedroom and he would laydown on his pillow and pretend he was sleeping until I screamed "Wake up Caden, Wake up."  He's finally a real person who I can joke around with and laugh.

The other night while he was in the tub, Ed and I were showing him how funny it sounds to talk while holding your nose.  Today while I was trying to get him to go down for a nap he was laying beside me and kept holding his nose and calling my name.  It was so hard not to laugh.

The other day I asked him if he had a stinky diaper and he very abruptly laid down where he was and waited for me to go get the supplies to change him.  I guess he was telling me the answer to my question was Yes!

He has always been into clothing and have been very aware of what clothes we put him in everyday.  This week he boycotted real clothes and would only wear a rash guard and swimming trunks even though it was raining and we couldn't go outside.  He even sat in his room and looked over his choices and matched the outfits.

Recently the dogs have been very fascinating to him.  I think it's because he's seeking attention from everyone since he's used to having all the attention to himself.  Today I found him laying on the floor with his head on Della's backside, using it like a pillow and waving her tail in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment