Monday, July 25, 2011

Baby Dolls, Grandparents and the Beach

This past week we did a lot around the house to get ready for the arrival of this new baby.  The scheduled due date of August 25th tells us we have a month left before his arrival, but the way I feel (and look) makes me believe he will be arriving sooner than later.  I guess my doctor's appointment tomorrow will let us know for sure.
Anyways.... after one of the student's that I tutor so brilliantly recommended this week, we decided to get Caden a baby doll and his own stroller before his little brother arrives.  This way he has his own baby to take care of when I have his little brother, and hopefully that will make our world a happy home and eliminate any jealousy from having someone invade his perfect little world.  Ha.. ha... I'm  realistic and know this won't solve everything, but it's a cute idea and he seems to love his little doll.
 I couldn't get the box opened fast enough for him.  He then insisted I go get the infant car seat to first put her in, then he wanted to get in and hold her.

 He can get the pacifier out, but he can't put it back in.  Here he's handing it to me to put back in her mouth for the 5.000th time in about 20 seconds.


 He was rocking her, or should I say shaking the shit out of her.  You pick!
 Then it was off to the nap nanny where he used his own technique to make sure she didn't move.
 Then he was done with his baby for the day. 
 The next day his stroller came.  If I thought he loved the baby I was mistaken.. he LOVED his stroller.


 He is going to be such a big brother... (fingers crossed.)
Putting her down for a nap.

After all the baby doll excitement was over, we were lucky enough to have Mi Mi and Pa Pa come to visit from Thursday until Monday.  They helped clean the house, fold baby clothes, bring the swing and pack n' play from storage, and most importantly entertain Caden while we transformed our house back into baby mode. 
 This is currently what the nursery looks like.  Poor Ed is working day and night to get it done.


Pa Pa and his boy reading together.

 We've had this exercise ball since I was pregnant with Caden.  I was supposed to use it to lessen the pain of the contractions.  I never used it though, so we finally took it out of the box this weekend and blew it up for Caden.  He absolutely LOVED it!








 Lots of fun until he did a face plant in the water and was instantly crying for Mommy.

Sunday night we decided to head to the beach for dinner.  The past few days it was so unbearably hot we didn't even go outside to play let alone the beach.  Luckily it cooled off a bit last night and we were able to enjoy the evening.


 Our sand man refused to eat dinner and wanted to just play and eat sand all night long.  Yuck!!





 Loved the curly haired beach bum look.  Take a quick look though.. Daddy will have that hair cut before we know it.
 Watching the planes fly over.
 Chubby toes in the sand...
 My boys.. taking it all in and just discussing life together.




 Look how nicely he hangs out with Daddy on the life guard chair.
 With Mommy however, it's a constant wrestling match.






 He was very brave until he got down to the water.  He's not too sure about the waves this year.
 Check out that belly!  Nice place for Caden to sit and hang out, but not a great thing to lug around the beach all night.  I'm definitely ready for the little boy to arrive!


Thank you Mi Mi and Pa Pa for all your help this weekend. We are ready to bring a baby home from the hospital now... or so we think!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment