I know this is cute little Caden's blog, but his Mommy needs a place to vent, so I'm taking over but only for one post. This week was supposed to be a fun week from beginning to end for ME! There aren't many days let alone weeks these days that I can say revolve around me, but this was supposed to be one of them. Here's the quick run down... Monday and Tuesday were tutoring days (a little extra cash for Mommy), Wednesday I was going to get my haircut for the first time in months, Friday I was taking off school, so I intended on heading home to PA Thursday night. This was to be the start of a girls weekend with my roommates from college. We were going to spend a night in Lock Haven at my good friend Erin's house who is expecting her first baby in April and then head to Altoona for her baby shower. Awesome week right???
Enter gross, nasty, disgusting FLU here....
Well, I made it until Monday evening, then all hell broke loose in our household. I went to bed early not feeling well. I thought I had a headache and was feeling nauseous because Ed was spray painting in the basement. Boy was I wrong. Around midnight I woke up and knew immediately something was wrong. I was feverish, achey from head to toe and two seconds later I'm running to the bathroom to vomit. The lovely vomiting continued for the next 15 hours. This flu kicked my butt. It made kidney stones and child birth look like a walk in the part. Luckily, Ed took off Tuesday because I didn't even get out of bed the entire day. Then our saving grace Aunt Susan took Caden all day Wednesday. Thursday I was an idiot and went back to school but was exhausted all day. Then as fate would have it, Thursday night Caden comes down with a fever, and is up for... are you ready for this... FOUR HOURS during the night. I made it from 12-3 and crashed, but Ed made it the duration from 12-4. If I thought I was tired Thursday, Friday proved me wrong. I literally walked around in a cloud all day. I found myself swerving into on coming traffic and just completely and utterly exhausted.
So..... it's now Saturday. Caden still has a fever and is just plain uncomfortable and grumpy. I have missed tutoring, my hair appointment, a week of eating solid food, and worst of all my girls weekend! I'm trying not to feel too bad for myself, but deep down I've been having a personal pity party all week. I know in the big scheme of things I am lucky that these are all small things that I will get over in time, but for the rest of today and probably tomorrow too my self pity will continue.
Here's to hoping Caden's fever goes away and we can FINALLY reclaim some sense of normalcy in this house. I'll even give up my pity party for that!!
ERIN- I AM SO SORRY I MISSED VISITING WITH YOU AND MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR SHOWER. I HEARD YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL (AS ALWAYS) AND I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET THAT SWEET LITTLE GIRL OF YOURS. SHE WILL BE HERE IN YOUR ARMS BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment