Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No Camera

Ed is currently in Monterey, CA visiting his brother, and he insisted on taking the camera with him.  Sure we have another gigantic camera, but I'm just to lazy to get it out and figure out how to work it.  Therefore, we are without Caden pictures for a few days.  That's ok though, it forces me to give a text only update on what Caden has been up to lately.

1.) Caden is able to identify the following body parts:  hair, head, eyes, ears, nose, teeth, mouth, belly, hands and feet.  He will do it.. well, whenever he feels like it.

2.) This child is obessed with fruit.  Forget vegetables, unless they are pureed, but fruit is his love.  Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, grapes, kiwis, and more.  You name it, he loves it.

3.) If he had a choice Caden would wear his sneakers all day long and even to bed at night.  He loves to put them on and loves the sound they make when he walks around on the hard wood floor with them on.

4.) He has learned how to shake his head No.  I waited for this for a long time, now I am somewhat regretting teaching his this.  He has not mastered the "Yes" movement yet.  He starts by tilting his head back, but then it kinds of turns into a circular motion.

5.) We got out the Easter decorations this weekend, and of course the plastic Easter eggs were a huge hit.  We hide yogurt covered raisins in them and Caden loves to find them, we take them in the tubby with us at night, and find them scattered around the house.  Who knew eggs from the dollar store would be such a hit?

6.) Along with the eggs we also found a beach ball from last summer.  We blew it up and Caden went bonkers.  He chases it in the playroom, kicks it all around the backyard, and loves if you bounce it off of his head.  Another dollar store purchase that ended up being priceless.

7.) Donut holes and cheeseballs were the theme of this weekend.  I know, I know real healthy, but remember I said Ed was away.  Survival was our theme this weekend and is the worst thing that happened while Ed was away was that Caden fell in love with donute holes and cheeseballs, well, I figure it's not that bad.

8.) Just in case you didn't know... Caden is a bit spoiled.  My parents were here to help out while Ed was away, and I came home from school to hear that my mother ran the Dyson vaccuum while holding Caden.  There is no way I could have done that, and I'm not really sure how she did.  I informed her that at some point in his life Caden may have to hear the world NO... she didn't agree.

9.) (Please don't let this jinx me.)  I don't know how it happened, or how long it will last, but Caden knows how to flush the toilet, and will do it one time and then walk away and be done with it.  Fingers crossed that he stays this disenchanted with the whole concept of flushing.

10.) My favorite thing that Caden is doing is giving kisses away.  It's this cute little thing that we do where I say, "Don't give Mommy's kisses away," and he will run (or walk) around the room just kisses the air till I make a big deal and yell for him to give me my kisses back.  Man do I love this kid!!

P.S.  HURRY HOME DADDY.. WE MISS YOU!!

P.P.S THANKS TO MI MI AND PA PA FOR COMING AND HELPING OUT! WE LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment