Friday night Ed got home and Caden awoke from his nap with a fever. I swear if we had a dollar for everytime this kid had a fever we'd be millionaires.
Crashed out with his little butt in the air.
No matter how bad this little guy is feeling, he always lights up like a Christmas tree when Daddy walks in.
They were working on some things in the playroom.
Last night Caden's fever continued. Ed was convinced we were headed to the ER, but with an extra dose of Motrin, stripping him down to his diaper, and all of us awake at midnight watching Oprah, we somehow survived and dodged the ER for another night. Fingers crossed this fever is on it's way out of town.
Reading after breakfast this morning.
Things were still looking up at this point.
Then after an attempt at a morning nap things went down hill. Fever came back, so we attempted to give him Motrin. You can see half of the dosage spilled on his onesie. Then he wasn't interested in eating lunch, so I gave in and just gave him a lollipop.
You can even see in his eyes he doesn't feel well. Poor guy.
This is his new face when I try to take his picture.
Watching the trees blowing in the wind, outside the window.
Then...(see LONG day), Caden colored while Mommy & Daddy ate lunch.
A message from Daddy.
Coloring time came to a quick end when we looked over and his teeth were green, pink, and blue. He decided he would try to sharpen the crayons with his teeth.THE PLAYGROUND!!!
After lunch we packed Caden up and headed to the playground. It was very windy out and Caden wasn't feeling the greatest, but we decided to go for it anyway. Caden was actually having a blast and running around until this bratty little kid rained on his parade. The child in the shark hat appeared nice at first. He came over to Caden and initially gave him a hug. Then on his second pass he hugged a bit harder and knocked Caden down. Still no biggie. On his third pass he grabbed Caden and tackled him resulting in Caden sobbing with snot running down his face. As this devil child put his hands on my sick little boy for the last time I found myself screaming, "DO NOT TOUCH HIM."
I guess I was a little late because he not only touched him, he tackled him. Ed, being the calm person that he is, was just smiling and laughing on the side lines as I scooped Caden up, wiped his tears, strapped him in his stroller and headed for home.
Screw you shark boy. I'll be quicker to tell you to keep your hands to yourself next time!!
Prior to the shark attack!
Seriously.. how is it time for another haircut? I feel like we were just there.
Totally a Daddy's boy!
Last picture before it all went downhill quick.
Playing with Daddy after dinner.
Playing with a bat and trying to grab the Jack Daniels. If it was in question, we are now without a doubt, parents of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment