Thursday, July 22, 2010

When Daddy's away...of course we will play!!

Ed was away once again this week for business, but Caden and I were lucky enough to have Ed's sister Nicki and his cousin Sue along with their kids to keep us company.  We had a blast doing all kinds of fun stuff like playing at the beach, running through sprinklers, making smores, running from a giant monster in our back yard (Uncle D), and even finding a few moments for the Mommies to enjoy some good food and excellent wine.  Of course we missed you Daddy and can't wait for you to get home, but we must admit the week went a lot quicker with visitors here.

Hunter and Anya enjoying some Gee-Gee's for dinner.  
Little did Anya know that tooth would last the entire trip.

These two were inseparable all week.  Caden is a lucky boy to have such a sweet and patient cousin.

Who stole my baby and put a small midget is this stroller.  I swear this kid looks like a 25 year old midget.  He's HUGE!! ( I hope no one is offended by the word midget... I can use little person in future posts if anyone finds it offensive.)

Go ahead Caden put your feet anywhere, no problem.

Hunter playing in the sand.

Aunt Nicki and Caden.


Graci girl in her pretty dress before the wave took her out.

Graci in Caden's onesie as a top and shorts from Sue.  This of course is post wave incident.

You know, just eating Aunt Nicki's purse.  What else would you do at the beach?

Patient, kind, and absolutely adorable Jacob sitting on the blanket and doing his best to stay out of the sand because of his cast.  He was such a trooper all week.

Hunter and Caden watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in their jammies.

Two of the cutest boys I know!

Sweet Anya reading Caden his Bubbles book.  What a good reader that little Anya is!!


Caden didn't make it to the fire and smores party.  The little man was just a tad bit exhausted and went to bed early, but not before a nice blow out.  I mean we do live at the Jersey Shore. 
Watch out Pauly D!!

Ok, I know I'm biased but he's even cute when he's going to bed.  Makes it hard to put him down.  
(Easier though when a bottle of wine is waiting.)

The Smores party. 

Sticky Smores Smiles

Marshmellow mouth

Aunt Susan helping little Jacob get around the yard.

And THE MONSTER!!! What a fun night! Thanks Uncle D, Aunt Susan, Taylor and Brendan for providing unlimited amounts of entertainment for both the kids and the Mommies too.


These are from this evening when I was folding laundry before bed tonight.  This child is moving non-stop.  Who needs to go to the gym when you have a mover and a shaker like this guy to chase after all day.
(Yes, I admit that is just yet another excuse to keep me out of the gym.)

And this is what I saw when I turned around while changing Caden's diaper tonight.

And this is what I saw to my right

followed by

and a little bit of.
I'm in so much trouble.  I'm never going to be able to discipline this little guy. Just for the record he is now sitting on the diaper as opposed to wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment