Yes, Ed did forget his sunglasses at home and had to wear mine. His eyes are so sensitive to the sun, so he was pretty desperate as you can see from the way he looks in these glasses.
This morning Ed and I were doing some chores around the house and the little man was entertaining himself in the exersaucer. Too bad he was more interested in the diaper box.
Look at those chunky thighs. Love them!
The guard dogs were on duty right beside Caden in his exersaucer.
See the dogs in the background.
I somehow snapped a shot of Caden's second tooth that arrived this weekend.
I am embarrassed to admit , but todayI bought Caden his first football and basketball. He is 7 months old and this is really his first intro. to any type of sports paraphanalia. He absolutely LOVED them and was more excited then we've ever seen him before. Ed is horrified and kept encouraging him to drop it and go find a remote or a computer. I personally loved it!
Of course he tried to eat it, just like everything else.
Go Long Mommy
Then Ed handed him the phone in an effort to distract him from the sports stuff. He picked up my phone and look who he pulled up on the phone. You guessed it, his Aunt Susan!! We were dying laughing. He seriously cannot get enough of her.
p.s. (not sure why it's in as Suzan instead of Susan)
Cuddling with Daddy before he leaves for his business trip tomorrow.
Ok.. here is our Slatt Family secret. When we were on vacation in the Outer Banks, the only swim diapers they had at the grocery store were Dora diapers. Of course we were desperate so we got a large box and are still trying to get rid of them. Ed hates it every time I put them on, but I think it's hilarious. So here is my man in is tough, punk Dora diapers.
Getting ready to go swimming, and still playing some basketball.
Yeah Mommy, this is one cool farmer's tan I've got going on isn't it?
Maybe if I smile quickly I'll be in the pool faster.
Woman, it's 5,000 degrees outside and you have me in a long sleeve shirt and hat. I'm scared to see what you're going to dress me in during the winter.
Love those cheeks. I could spend all day kissing them.
This is my chunk at dinner tonight. He has become a picky eater and will inhale something if he likes it. The only problem is what he likes changes daily and I usually end up opening three baby food containers before I find what he likes. Tonight it was strawberry banana yogurt, and yes he ate the whole entire container saying mmmmmm after every bite. That of course was after spitting out the apples and sweet potatoes that I first tried to feed him back out at me.
This is the, "I don't like what you're feeding me and I refuse to open my mouth" face. Oh it's tons of fun let me tell you. Mommy still is one step ahead and can bribe him to open up with string cheese then pull the old bait and switch and slide in some dreaded baby food.
Another attempt at the teeth shot. As you can clearly see from the size of his cheeks, despite his picky eating habits he is definitely not starving.
Quick notes: Caden has started going to sleep on his own without having to be rocked to sleep. We did a modified Ferberization, and it has been fantastic. The first night he cried from 24 minutes, the next night it was 9, and not it's down to a little whimper for about 3 mintues each night. Thanks to Ed for making me follow through with all of this.
Saturday morning we woke up to hearing Caden mumble in his crib. we turned up the monitor and clear as day we hear "Da-Da-Da-Da." As heartbroken as I was that it wasn't Ma-Ma I couldn't have been happier then when I looked over at Ed and he was beaming ear to ear.
Finally, Caden is a moving machine. He hasn't quite mastered the art of crawling, but he can squirm, turn and slide his way around any and all rooms. It continuously blows our minds how we'll look and he's in one spot and we turn around and he's across the room. He can also sit up on his own, so when you are changing his diaper he'll roll over and sit up and look right at you. It's hilarious!!
Caden, You can call me anytime, your Mom says if you ever get into trouble when you get older, to call me. Sweetheart, I will be there for you until I am no longer on this earth. (And even after that, but let's not tell anyone, they will think I'm weird, that's just between you and me) xoxoxoxoxo!
ReplyDelete