Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CAMERA DOWN

Ok... the one small camera is still missing its charger, and the larger camera has a charged battery but a full memory card.  We have, however, ordered a new battery charger for the small camera.  In the meantime I'll entertain you with a few fun facts about Caden.

1.) He now has two teeth on the bottom with a significant space between them.  He looks like a backwards beaver and will gladly chomp into your finger, nose, cheek, etc. if given the opportunity.  Kiss this child at your own risk.

2.) Caden is officially fully mobile.  Yesterday morning in a matter of 20 minutes he pulled two laundry baskets on top of him, unloaded the diaper caddy, and fell backwards after trying to pull himself up at the window will.

3.) I'm sure you couldn't tell by looking at him, but he LOVES to eat.  I should clarify, he likes to eat what HE wants to eat.  Those items include: graham crackers, cheese sticks, apples and chicken, and lots and lots of yogurt.  Beyond that you're lucky if you can force him to take a bite.

4.) His favorite shows right now are Wonder Pets and Yo-Gaba-Gaba.  I personally prefer Wonder Petsm, although they were saving a Glow Worm today that had a "shiny heiny."  That horrifed me a bit, but not nearly as much as the extremely odd world of Yo-Gaba-Gaba, but luckily my son loves it and loves dancing to all the music.

5.) I have a new found appreciation for terribly dirty and disgusting my home is.  It's amazing how many small cracks and crevices that you never realized you need to clean until your son starts crawling and licking any and all surfaces in your home.

6.) Caden ate his first piece of tissue paper today.  I have learned to entertain him with anything possible while getting daily, God awful chores done.  Today he was entertained by the tissue paper for a long time.  I nicely asked him not to eat it, but his chubby little 8 month face just looked at me and smiled as he continued to ingest the paper.  I figured it could be a lot worse, but did dig the wet paper out of his mouth.  Honestly I think he may have mistook it for his rice cereal.

7.) Our child has almost completely outgrown his car seat.  Whether we like it or not a convertible car seat is in our near future considering Caden's poor head  rubs the top of his car seat when he sits in it.  I'm telling you people.  He's HUGE!

8.) If he is in a good mood after a nap or in the morning he will just babble, and babble away.  His facial expressions are hilarious and he looks like he's having an entire conversation with you, but it's really just adorable chubby boy jibberish.

9.) Caden has offically survivied "Ferberization."  The child now puts himself to sleep at night and during naps.  The crying is down to a mere whining for 3 or less minutes.  We adore the Lashers for encouraging us to do this. 

10.) Last but not least......Caden loves, I mean loves books.  This child is mesmorized by books in a way I've never seen.  In a room full of toys he will crawl, (or do his little break dancing shimmy, same thing), over to the books.  He of course has his favorites and of course, it's pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment