Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Morning in our house

Although we are starting to see something throughout the day that remotely resembles a schedule, Mr. Caden will wake up at any time throughout the morning and may or may not go back to sleep depending on his mood.  This morning he woke at the crack of dawn in my book at 6:30am.  He was kind enough to go back to sleep after eating for about 30 minutes during which time I re-inserted his pacifier around 1,500 times in order to achieve those 30 precious minutes of more sleep.

Today he then went into his room for a few minutes while I frantically threw a load of laundry in the washer.  Here he is playing in his room.


 
This is his "I hate the flash face."




 

Then because he looks oh, so cute in his outfit today I fit in a quick 2 minute photo shoot before he got annoyed and started to fuss.


This is such an Ed face with the raised eyebrow.... slightly annoyed, slightly bored, and definitely not amused.



Here is Caden's newest trick.. to hold something in his hand.  He gets ahold of these rings and we have to pry them out of his sweaty little hands.




 
Here is Caden with his favorite night time toy.. his turtle that projects stars and the moon on the ceiling at night.  He stars at those stars every night until he falls asleep.  Thank you so much to the St. Peter family for this awesome gift!



Next we then move downstairs and Caden hangs out on the table while I make coffee and eat something before he gets tired again.



So cute with that sly half smile



Hanging out on the table... don't worry he has not learned to roll over yet, so he is very stationary on that table.  Please don't call Child Protective Services on me.. at least not for this.



Then we play some good music (non-baby), and we usually get through about one maybe two songs if we're lucky.



Then it's time for the yucky Vitamin D drops... not a fun put part of the daily routine.



Next comes the water to try and get rid of the stupid hiccups that haunt us on a daily basis.



Closely followed by neglected dogs constantly crying in the background or underneath your feet threatening to trip you at any moment.

Ahhh... what I've waited for all morning. I can't wait to have a sip of my coffee..... BUT WAIT!!



Someone has other ideas rather than Mommy drinking her coffee... I was so close!



So now it's cuddle time.  I swear this kid was an eskimo in a previous life.  As soon as he gets cranky you wrap a blanket around him, pop a pacifier in his mouth and (most of the time) he's out.



And if it's an extra special day he may crash out on the couch for a little bit.



And I repeat a little bit, because before you know it Daddy is home for lunch an we must frantically pack his suitcase and feed him (Daddy) before he heads out on a business trip.



Daddy is so excited to see his boy.



Caden on the other hand would just like some milk and a nap.



Dad thinks he's very funny and will pack Caden in his suitcase to take him along.



Again.. not amused but as always pinkies are out.



Then Ed leaves and I am home once again with a hungry, screaming baby, but it was all worth it.  Every scream, whine, dirty diaper (which I left out for your benefit), sleepless night, early wake ups, and coffee-less mornings.  This little guy is the light of my life and I could just eat him up.

Can't wait to see what the afternoon has in store for us!! :)

P.S. Daddy~ we miss you already and you only left an hour ago.
We need you to hurry home to help with bath time, and rocking Caden to sleep, and waking up to get him in the middle of the night, and of course to share the diaper duty.  You are the best Dad ever and we appreciate ALL that you do... we especially appreciate it and miss it when you are away :)  Here's to a long two days !

4 comments:

  1. Motherhood looks good on ya, Jenny!! Caden is SO cute and I can't wait for my visit this weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH... the most handsome boy on the block....

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recap! And such a cute outfit! I'm impressed that you actually got him dressed in the midst of all of that.
    I love the suitcase pic!! Someone might call Child Protective services if you try to put that through the baggage scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this!! He is just the cutest. Love the faces. Glad you are having a sense of humor about everything. Such a great mom AND wife! Will give you a call while Ed is gone to make sure you are surviving.

    ReplyDelete