Thursday, January 28, 2010

I WILL SURVIVE.. (maybe)

As some of you know, and the last post clearly shows, Ed has his first business trip to New York.  It was scheduled as an overnight trip.  No problem right?  He'll be back within 24 hours and this will be great Mommy and Caden time.  Sounds great until one night turns into two, and Mommy comes down with a cold.  Ed called last night and I could tell he was very worried about tell me something.  That something of course was that he had to stay for a 9am meeting which meant another night away.  I won't lie... I cried.  I tried not to, but to think of another 24 hours with just me, Caden and the two dogs was very overwhelming.  I made it through the first night and survived all the psychotic thoughts of... What will I do if someone breaks in?  What if the house catches on fire?  What if Caden has an allergic reaction from the formula I gave him? and of course today when I start with my 80 year old emphysema cough and headache I took Caden's temperature 5,000 times to make sure I didn't get him sick.  Needless to say I am completely exhausted, haven't showered since Monday (yes I am admitting this), and I'm pretty sure instead of saying Da-da and Ma-ma my son will be saying Da-da and Superfreak. 

Besides all of the exhausting duties that comes from watching a 10 weeks old for 48 hours by myself I've also had a great time bonding with Caden.  Here are 10 things I've realized that I love about this little boy... and I could name a million but here are my top ten.

1.) His adorable gummy smile that he flashes everytime he wakes up in the morning, from a nap, or my favorite at 3am when he's supposed to be sleeping.

 2.) I love his tiny little hands.  I could spend hours looking at his fingers and kissing his little hands when he touches my face.  I also think it's funny how he gets fuzzies stuck in his little sweaty hands like toe jam but in his hands.. I know gross but cute.

3.) I love that he likes to have his belly kissed, not just touched but kissed.  No matter how grumpy or upset he is a little kiss will usually quiet him right down.


4.) I love that he is a sucker for the swaddle and will instantly relax when swaddled, or as some like to call it put in his straight jacket.



4,) I love Caden's chubby cheeks.  The bigger he gets and the more he grows the bigger those little chipmunk cheeks get.  I love to kiss them and rub them, which makes him smile.  They are just perfect to me.


5,) I love that he gets the tiniest little goose bumps when he gets the chills.  They are so tiny you can't even see them, but you can feel them on his skin when you're putting his jammies on or changing his clothes for the 20th time in one day since he's soiled the previous 19 outfits.

6.) I love how he likes to be cuddled and wrapped up with blankets when he's sleepy and ready to fall asleep.  Some mothers would freak when they see how we wrap them up, and I also was afraid of smothering him, but it works to get him to fall asleep and then we unwrap him a bit.  Again no worries or need to call CPS.



7.) I love that Caden knows my voice and knows his Mommy will always love him and protect him. (Ok he may not know all that, but he definitely knows my voice.)  There are nights when Ed has him and he is fussy and all I have to do is walk in and start talking and he quiets right down.  Sometimes I tell Ed I feel bad about this but truthfully I love it. :)



8.) I love his long eye lashes.  Each day they seem to grow longer and longer.  Some day he will win all the girls with his long eyelashes.  These girls will obviously have to get Mom's approval first.

9.) I love afternoon naps when we snuggle on the couch and he actually sleeps rather than spitting out his pacifier 5,000 times or just smiling at me.



10.) The last thing I love about Caden is EVERYTHING!  From head to toe he is absolutely perfect in my eyes.  I feel so blessed to have a happy, healthy baby who is growing so quickly before our eyes and continuing to fill our lives with lots of love and even more laughter.


5 minutes old



10 Weeks Old










No comments:

Post a Comment