Sunday, September 9, 2012

UPDATE!

Yes, we are alive and well.  I seriously feel like we are treading water as fast as we can here in our house, just trying to keep our heads above water.  Ed and I literally said to each other this evening, Do you think we are busier than other families, or is everyone this busy?  We never came to a conclusion, but what we did decide is that despite the craziness, life is really good right now and we have a lot to be thankful for.

August... and what a blur it was.

The first weekend we traveled to the Outer Banks.
The second weekend we came home from the Outer Banks.
Third weekend we traveled to PA to celebrate Jackson's first Birthday
Fourth weekend in August we traveled to PA to celebrate Graci's Birthday and Ed flew his Dad's plane.
Labor Day weekend we traveled to Annapolis for Baby Madi's Baptism.

One day after getting back from Annapolis I went back to work.  After much debate over with my school over my hours this year, I am now working 9-2.  After the first week I must say it is working out much better than I had anticipated.  The boys fell right back into their routine with Aunt Susan, and I have to admit I look forward to my cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee every morning, and being able to enjoy lunch by myself each day is kind of nice too.  Oh yeah.. enriching the lives of children and all that stuff is great too. :)


Jackson.... and what a big boy he is.

I don't think I ever updated this after Jackson went to the pediatrician for his one year appointment.  He is 22lbs and 39.5 inches long.  He is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight, but his big old melon is in the 75th percentile.  Let's be honest... no one is surprised by that statistic.  He did great with his shots and only screamed for two seconds.
This weekend he has really started walking and can make it the entire way across his bedroom (if he wants). He seems to be in no hurry to walk and is just fine crawling all over the place.
He will eat almost anything I put in front of him.  This week we've added avocados, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, turkey sausage, pesto pasta, and just about anything else we put in front of him.
He is still happy go lucky and smiles all the time.  He is starting to cuddle more, and we soak up every single second of it.
The reason I love Jackson right now is because he is still sleeping 630-630 or 7 for us every night.  God Bless him!!


Caden... and what a little man he is.
Ed and I looked at each other today and said... when did he get so big?
Caden saying some of the funniest things lately.  We walked into the aquarium today and he said, "Holy Moly guys look at all these fish."  Then when running for exhibit to exhibit he would say, "Check this out guys."  He is hilarious right now.
Caden is still super sensitive and has been worrying a lot.  Recently it's been about ghosts in his bedroom.  He will get really quiet around bed time and hide under his pillow and blanket.  When we asked him what he was doing he said he was hiding from the ghosts.  Damn Backyardigans.. he's never watching them again. :)
We also noticed that Caden is getting a bit too big for his crib when his arms and legs are hanging out the sides.. I mean seriously, the kid is going to be three in a month.  Although he doesn't really ask for one, we have purchased him a big boy bed and it should be here on Wednesday.  I can't wait for him to see it.
Caden has himself almost officially half potty trained.  He will not got number two in his diaper, so we have that going for us.  We tried one evening in big boy underwear and lets just say there was a lot of screaming (From Caden who wanted his diaper) and a lot of pee everwhere, including the high chair tray (don't ask), so that endeavor is on the back burners for now.  We'll get there.
The reason I love Caden right now is because out of now where he will stop what he's doing, turn to Ed, Jackson or I and say, "Mommy, I just love you."  Melt my heart!

So there is our update.  Boring I know, but next year this time I will want to read this, so sorry to bore you.  Pictures are up next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment