Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bye Bye Crib :(

WARNING... this is a ridiculously sappy blog and I may or may not be crying while I write it.  :(

Tonight is the last night that Caden will be sleeping in his crib.  Since he was four months old he has slept there (most nights.) We have rocked him for countless, and I mean countless hours in his glider and gently laid him in that crib hoping and praying that he wouldn't wake up.  We've even laid in there with him (see pictures below) in an attempt to get him used to sleeping there.  We took pictures with Caden in that crib to announce that we were having another boy.  Every morning we go over and pull our little man out of that crib, and usually change the sheet because it's soaking wet with pee.  We put Jackson in there some mornings with him to cheer him up if he's grumpy.  We've had many, many memories of our little man in the crib and we can't wait to see what memories will be made in his new...... BIG BOY BED!!

Yes, you heard right.  Tomorrow at some point the Pottery Barn Kids delivery will arrive and Caden will have his brand new big boy bed.  This new bedroom is actually Caden's 3rd Birthday present from us, but we are giving it to him a little early.  I cannot wait to see what he thinks of it, if he sleeps in his bed, if he falls out, if he wanders around the hallway in the middle of the night, or if he handles things in a normal fashion and just rolls with it more easily than I could have predicted and I'm the one worrying for nothing.

Either way.. tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning for us.  On a side note... today was the second day of potty training.  Aunt Susan spear headed the start of it yesterday, and we decided to run with it today.  Caden had four accidents yesterday, and today NO ACCIDENTS!! Yes, you heard that right, no accidents.    I understand we may have set backs, but for now, we are taking it for what it's worth and celebrating less laundry this evening!!











These are from tonight.. the last night of the crib.

 Look at his face.. he kept saying, "I'm not ready for bed yet.  I not sleepy."  This child definitely has a bed time routine that you cannot mess with.







 Please note the special things in his crib:  His pillow that he stole from Mi Mi, his taggie, his comforter, his cheetah, elehpant, and Mickey.  There is also a nightlight with a dead battery floating around in there somwwhere.

 Look at these two pictures.. he kept saying "I'm not looking at you.  I'm looking at my airplanes.  You can't make me look at you."

Then Daddy got in a silly mood and things just got crazy.  I'd like to say this is the first time that Ed or I have been in that crib, but that would just be a lie.  













 This is what bedtime looks like right now.  Ed and Caden listen to a book on tape while laying on the floor.  Caden drinks his milk and then Ed puts him in the crib.  Some nights are better than others, (Yes, I'm typing this while sitting in the glider next to his bed).  It should be interesting to see how the new bed time routine goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment