Whenever I ask Caden to do something lately he stomps his foot and replies with "Ok FINE!" I asked him where he learned fine and he replied, "From you Mommy."
He is very polite, but sometimes he takes it to a whole new level. When I ask him for a hug or a kiss lately he politely replies, "No thank you."
We were chatting as he was doing his business on the potty the other day and I asked him what he thought Jackson wanted for his birthday. I guess he was pre-occupied by what he was doing, because he said "poop" This however has stuck and everytime the conversation comes up he says "Tassy (Jackson) wants poop for his birthday." Then laughs hysterically.
When Caden says his prayers at night he has a prayer chain. He will say "God Bless... and the list is always different from day to day. Last night he blessed Peek e boo (aka peek a boo). His OCD is coming out now though because he refuses to say Amen because in his words "I think I forgot someone."
Ed is the resident bath giver in the house. There have been a few nights where I was out of the house and he got stuck bathing two kids completely on his own. To make sure that Caden is ok while he dresses Jackson in the other room they play Marco Polo. Ed of course shouts Marco and Caden replies with Polo. They also added the fishy out of water... Wrong! part. The only bad thing is they say it back and forth to each other all.day.long.
Whenever Caden wants to do something or wants to walk away from me he'll put up his index finger and say, "Just one minute Mommy I be wight (right) back."
Caden woke up screaming the other night, so we brought him over to our bed. When we asked him what his bad dream was about he said, "Della was trying to bite me" Oops... guess I can't tell him the dog is going to bite him if he doesn't get up the steps faster anymore.
Ed took Caden to get the car washed this morning and on the way back he kept saying to Ed "We need to make one more stop. Let's stop for some pizza." It was 10 in the morning and Caden's NEVER eaten a slice of pizza in his life.
We had dinner at a boardwalk pizza place the other night. I decided to give in and let Caden have ice cream for dinner, but he was too excited to play games in the arcade that he couldn't even focus enough to eat the ice cream. I was hounding him to sit down and he was trying so hard to wave me off. At one point he said very frankly to me, "Mommy you have a boogie in your nose." I immediately stopped and asked Ed if it was true. He said it wasn't and when we looked back at Caden he was laughing hysterically.
Today after nap Ed came up to check on Caden. He's had a stuffy nose lately, so he told Ed he had boogies stuck in his nose then asked him which finger Ed thought would be best for him to pick his nose.
When we were at the beach the other day Caden was standing on the end of the boards leading to the beach. He kept saying "Ta da I'm Caden Slatt" then jumping off the boards. That now has progressed to him saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, it is the greatest ever, Caden Slatt." Do not ask me where he came up with this.
Finally.... and my favorite of maybe the almost three years he's been alive...
Caden and I were cuddling and watching the opening ceremonies together. After they played the national anthem and it was over Caden shouted, "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN." This is one that has completely stuck and he says it all the time. He called my dad that night and said, "Good night Paw Paw, I love you. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN." My dad was like.... did he really just say that? It makes me pee my pants every time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment