Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sorry....

I know I've been terrible about updating this blog.  Life has been crazy, a good crazy, but crazy.
Days slip by and it's 11 or 12 at night and Ed and I are just settling into bed.  We laugh about what the boys have done throughout the day, realize we didn't get half of what we wanted to accomplished during the day, wish for more hours in a day, and pray that Jackson doesn't give us our normal 5:45am wake up call.  Everything is happening in the blink of an eye, and we are simply longing for a way to slow life down.  With that  being said... here is a quick view of our crazy life and some funny things that we've heard lately.

Caden is talking more and more.. here are a few classics.

"Relax, relax Mommy.  I SAID RELAX WOMAN."

I go to the grocery store quite often... ok mostly every.single.day.  Usually when I ask Caden if he needs anything he says "Thomas fruit snacks."  Last night when I asked him he said, "Umm let me think, I need a taper measure and some tools."  Like father, like son.

"Mommy look, I went poopy in the potty.  My poops are swimming."

As he was sitting eating puffs on the couch last night. "Umm Mommy I lost a puff.  Think it's stuck in my heiny?"

The grocery delivery man has been the same the last two times.  Caden politely calls him "Mr. Man" and screams at the window when he see the truck "Mr. Man's here wiff our groceries."

He was laying on his bedroom floor last night in just a diaper.  He put both hands behind his head and said "Ahhh just chillin'..... relaxin over here."

I found him digging in the silverware drawer the other day.  I just watched him as he grabbed a spoon out and held it in the air.  I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was trying to get the baby bear out of the tree. He proceeded to stand in the kitchen, hold the spoon in the air and say "Come down now Baby Bear.  It's ok you needa eat, Baby Bear."  I almost peed my pants laughing. (I did get it on video too).

Caden's new favorite snacks are "Postables" also known as popsicles.  He needs them basically any hour of the day and will very deliberately tell you "NEED MORE POSTABLES, I DO, I DO." He ate two last night before bed and was bouncing off the walls.  Tonight he and Ed were having some when Ed told me that an entire postables went missing.  Can't wait to see where that one turns up.
Ed's response .. "At least it won't stink.  It will just be sticky."

Tonight right before bed Caden threw a typical temper tantrum and refused to drink milk out of a new sippy cup. (He's very particular about his cups.)  Ed said to me, "Do you think we should tell him that if he doesn't drink out of it that he has to go to bed?"  Within a split second Caden stopped crying, jammed that sippy cup in his mouth and happily enjoyed his new cup.  Ed and I just cracked up laughing.

He recently has taken to all kinds of imaginative play.  On any given day he may be Diego and I'm Alicia, or he's Tyrone and I'm Uniqua (Backyardigans), but when he gets tired he says to me, "Just be Mommy now, ok?"


Jackson on the other hand....


He is quite the ham himself.  He can now clap, wave and give high fives.

He is also a "mad pooper."  If I put him in his crib and he doesn't want to be there he will get mad and poop.  I swear the child can go poop command.  It's unreal.

He is a BRUTE.  He has a grip like nothing I've ever seen before.  He rips spoons out of our hands, gave poor Aunt Susan a black eye with his fist last week, scratched Ed's face and my face until it drew blood.  The child is a badass.. and we now have given him the name Bam Bam.

Jackson has also started eating Puffs. He LOVES them, and thankfully to this point we haven't had a reaction to the wheat.  He  can feed himself and will eat handfuls at a time.  Ed says he just licks them and sticks them to his face and shirt, as he usually has half of them stuck to him.

Today Caden was helping get ready for dinner by "cooking" with Mommy.  He sits in the highchair and I give him a bunch of bowls with some sprinkles, crackers, marshmallows, etc. in them.  He happily spoons them back and forth and thinks he's cooking.  Today while this was happening Jackson ran laps right beside us in his walker.  Then, after he had enough of that he pulled his walker over to the highchair, reached up and yanked ALL of Caden's bowls down and dumped them all over floor.  I'm telling you.. the kid is a bruiser (but I love it!) Ed just added... he found sprinkles in his diaper tonight when he was getting him ready for dinner.


The first two pictures are from Dunkin Donuts.  I received them in a text from Aunt Susan while I was at school.  Seriously what could make your heart more content then to see how happy they are and how well taken care of they are when you aren't around.


RARE and when I say RARE I mean like the first time in eight months Jackson has fallen asleep in my arms. I didn't move for over an hour.

 Sorry it's blurry.. It was taken with my phone, but here is BAM BAM with his puffs.

Caden and Mommy today during nap time.  And I wonder why he wasn't able to settle down and go to sleep.  Ooopps!

This better be the only time I see this child smiling at me from behind bars. (Fingers crossed on that one!)

And now.. that it is once again 11:15 and we are still awake, it's time to call it a day.  
Looking forward to another great day with these two amazing boys tomorrow.  





No comments:

Post a Comment