Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Fun Day

Today we enjoyed a relaxing Saturday afternoon in our backyard. 
Yes, we live less than a mile from the beach but we've found it's easier to go in the evenings when it's not as hot.  We had dinner on the boardwalk and played in the arcade last night and went for a walk on the boardwalk tonight.  Therefore, our relaxation in the backyard was completely guilt free and we had a blast.

 We broke out the "big pool" for the first time this year and Caden loved it.  He stayed in it for over two hours straight.

 Notice Della on the OTHER side of the fence.  A pool day without the dogs drinking the water or jumping in the pool was amazing!
 Ummm... who is this blonde headed baby and where is my brown haired boy?  I LOVE the lighter look!

 All of a sudden he started cleaning up the entire pool
 He put all the toys in the basket.....
 and enjoyed his clean pool for two seconds before dumping them all out again.
 There were tons of banner planes flying over our house today and Caden waved to each and every one.
Allow me to explain this picture.... I ran inside for two seconds and came back out to see Ed wearing Caden's hat, my sunglasses, reading my magazine and totally ignoring the fact that Caden was playing with his empty Sangria glass.
 I don't know if it's worse that Ed was oblivious or that I giggled and snapped away rather than taking the cup from him.  I figured it was empty at this point.  No harm, right?
 I also weighed my options and realized that anything that can entertain an 18 month old for an extended period of time that won't cause permanent damage is ok in my book.

 This is proof that I've come a LONG way as a mother.  That fruit was in the glass, in the pool, on the grass and I didn't freak when he attempted to eat it.

 Then my boys cuddled up for a little together time to catch up on the latest gossip.


 Here is the end result of a long afternoon in the backyard.
 Both boys were beat at this point.  I think Daddy had a little too much Sangria and Caden had a bit too much fun in the sun.  We rallied though and headed to the boardwalk after dinner for a nice walk and then home to put the munchkin in bed.  Today was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment