Monday, December 6, 2010

While Mommy is Away...

Yesterday was a big first for us in many ways.  I went to Philly to visit a friend of mine from college and to help her prepare for the arrival of her own little man.  Ed and Caden spent the day together without any Mommy intervening all day long.  It was the first time I was away from Caden for that long and the first time Ed had Caden all day by himself.
I have to give credit where credit is due, Ed did an amazing job.  He took Caden to a diner for breakfast with an old friend.  Then brought him back to the house for a quick nap before heading to a local health club to go swimming.  Yes, I said swimming.  I don' t know if I would even attempt that on my own.  If that wasn't enough, they also ventured out to Staples, Ace Hardware, and Sherwin Williams.  When I got home both boys were absolutely exhausted and Caden slept through the night for the first time in a long time. 
Thank you to both of my boys for being on your best behaviour yesterday and allowing Mommy a day away.

These pictures are from Caden's tubby before bed last night.  He thought he was very funny, and so did we!




 I couldn't resist stealing kisses after being away all day.  Ed told me it looked like I was sucking his cheeks.





 Caden says hello to everyone that he loves and misses dearly.  (WAY too many to list!)

1 comment:

  1. I am lauging out loud at these tub pictures, I take exception to the parent made little devil horns, as this child is ALWAYS an angel. Can you guys figure out how to put a hair made halo over his head???? I have to be invited to tubby time soon, please :)

    ReplyDelete