This blog was supposed to be full of fun pictures of our family weekend we had to celebrate Hunter's 6th Birthday. Unfortunately, our little buddy Caden has come down with some nasty illness so life as usual has come to a halt. That includes uploading pictures and finding witty things to say about them, but I promise they will come when life slows down a bit because the pictures from this past weekend are just priceless!
Ok quick update. Our little buddy Caden seemed to be a bit under the weather today. He slept for 2 hours this morning which NEVER happens, and then went back to sleep immediately after lunch and slept most of the afternoon. In between naps I took his temp, and sure enough it was 101 (and some other gross symptoms I'll leave out of this post). I immediately gave him some Tylenol, as that was all we had in the house, and he went back to sleep. Once he woke up I took his temp again and it was up to 101.8. The little man was so pathetic all evening. He just laid on our chests and whimpered and was pretty much a hot mess. Ed got him to bed early and I went on a wild goose chase for Tylenol or Motrin which was not an easy task considering EVERYTHING had been recalled.
Finally, around 8pm I frantically flew into my third pharmacy and practically ran to the Infant Motrin section. The small local Pharmacy, Campbell's, turned out to be a small slice of heaven. They were the only place in the entire area that had anything close to what I needed and the Pharmacist who came out to help me was a God send. He must have seen the panic on my face because he was so sweet and told me that I could give Caden children's Motrin. He even got his book out to convert the dosage for me, and talked me off of my frantic, psychotic, close to the edge, out of control Mommy phase that I was so clearly stuck in.
So a personal thank you to the wonderful pharmacist at Campbell's Pharmacy. You made my night, my husband's night and specifically my sick little boy's night a heck of a lot better!!
p.s. Fun post to follow when time and energy allows!
sick babies are never fun. hope you all recover soon... and that tylenol get's on their horse and gets us some of the good stuff soon!
ReplyDeleteStore brands aren't made by the same manufacturer. We have CVS brand tylenol and motrin. The last time I ran out I also had to buy the Children's..the only problem is you have to give like twice as much because it isn't as concentrated. It is hard enough to get the small dose in Ava. Good luck I hope Caden feels better soon!
ReplyDelete