Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Outer Banks (Part 1)

Although we started out a bit rough with a canon ball run to the ferry and Mommy being quarantined we ended up having a fantastic week in North Carolina.  Being surrounded by the ocean, sun, sand, and of course family was priceless.  As Dylan said on the last day, "Mommy I don't want to go home.  I want to stay foreva."  really summed up how we all felt about our fantastic week in The Banks.  Our only saving grace was knowing we'd be back in August with the Slatt side of our family.

Here is a shot of our little man as we were flying... um, I mean driving safely and responsibly, to try and catch the ferry.

First... I am eating a soft pretzel in this picture because after the stomach flu, the ferry doesn't offer many bland options for dinner.  Second, this is how I truly felt about being on a rocking, moving ferry after being sick the past two days.  By my husband, ever the optimist that he is made me re-take the picture......

can we say fake smile? Oh well, Ed got his picture of me smiling on the ferry.  That's all he cared about.  Too bad I threw up all over the place two seconds later.  Ha.. just joking.  But that would have been sweet revenge. (Can you tell I'm not a fan of the ferry?)

Ed has waited so long to take his boy on the ferry.

People would walk past us on the ferry and just laugh out loud when the saw Caden.


Don't be jealous.  That is a Cape May-Lews Ferry sweatshirt, and yes we did actually spend real money on it.

 We couldn't have asked for more.  Caden was asleep before we even pulled off the ferry.

Crashing out in the hotel with Daddy.  First time in a hotel= success!!

Interesting way to hold the bottle Daddy.

Loving the comfy beds.

My first night out of quarantine.  We had great seafood my brother in law had shipped in from Alaska.

Caden's first time in a pool.

Please not the oversized, canopy included, obnoxious flotation device that we spent way too much money on and Caden barely sat in.  Note to self... your arms and a floppy hat work just as well as this floaty thing.

Great teething toy though.

Hanging out with Pa-Pa first thing in the morning.  FYI... it was chilly in our bedroom, hence the socks.  We didn't purposely dress our kid like a dork just for the heck of it.  Although we do actually do that time to time.

The boys hanging out.

On the way to the pool.  My head was purposely cut off in this picture because I was what you'd call, a hot mess!  Focus on the cute bambino please.


Love this kid.

Flying kites on the beach after dinner.  Life is good!



Loving the beach in the evening.
Uncle Jeff flying his kite






This is my favorite picture of the trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment