Isolated, lonely, solitary confinement, cut off, secluded, and pretty much miserable!!!!
Most of the time when I blog I have to make a long story short due to an adorable 6 month old that is demanding of my time and energy, but as life would have it, I have more time then I know what to do with. So as a warning. This blog may be long!!
As I wrote in the previous blog Caden was sick earlier in the week. His temperature turned into Caden vomitting on me numerous times throughout the week, but was back to normal by Thursday. As fate would have it I came down with a temperature of 102 myself on Wednesday night-Thursday. Thank the good Lord my Aunt and Uncle came to watch the dogs while we were on vacation, but the ended up taking care of Caden as I lay on my death bed trying to figure out how the hell I am going to go on vacation the following day.
By some miracle my fever got down to 99 and I felt good enough to help Ed pack the car and get on the road by 4pm Friday to catch the 6pm Ferry in Cape May. I was still not feeling 100%, but was thrilled I pulled my act together and everyone was in the car and headed to the Outer Banks.
Stupid novice travelers, we didn't account for traffic on the Garden State Parkway on a Friday night in June and pulled in at 6:02 for the 6:00 Ferry. At this point I'm about to have a major panic attack. We have hotel reservations in Salisbury, MD for the night, but if we miss this ferry we are completely and utterly screwed. Again, by some grace of God we run a red light, honk our horn, and get the ferry to wait for us. People are literally standing staring at us as we pull onto the ferry 5 minutes late. I'm screaming, "Get the baby out. He's cute. They'll forgive us if they see the baby. Get hims out!" We had a great ferry ride despite the fact that I despise, I mean despise that damn thing, and of course got the little man a cheesy Cape May-Lewes ferry sweatshirt. Then because we were in the middle row of the ferry we were let off first. That's right those people who were there a half an hour early for the ferry and followed the proper protocol were cursing us the whole way as we pulled off first.
If that wasn't enough, our little man fell asleep before we even pulled off of the ferry and slept the whole way to the hotel in Salisbury. Then he did awesome sleeping through his first night in a hotel, and again for the rest of the ride to the Banks in the morning. Little did we know we used up all of our luck on the way down here.
Although I was feeling better I kept telling Ed my throat hurt. I didn't really think anything of it and was just thankful that my fever broke and I was upright. When my sister got here though, she ripped my mouth open as an older sister does, and told me to get my butt to the Urgent Care right away.
Before I knew it Ed and had abandoned our little man and were headed to the Urgent Care in Kitty Hawk. Thankfully I've never been to an Urgent Care, but it's definitely an experience. They did a quick strep culture that came back negative, but decided to send one away just to be sure. They the physician assistant says, "Let me see your palms." I'm like uhhh palms? I'm thinking... I've never been here before but if you're about to read my palms I'm out of here. She proceeds to tell me because my strep test is negative I may have Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease and I need to watch for sores on my hands or feet. I also need to be quarantined until I'm on my antibiotic for at least 24 hours or until Monday or Tuesday.
Soooo... long story short, or um long. This is where I am.
This is the view that everyone is enjoying.
And this is what I will be looking at until at least tonight, or maybe tomorrow depending on when my family makes an exective decision of when they feel it's safe to let me out.
And these are the little faces that I wanted to play with and kiss and cuddle all week long that I am missing and being tortured by hearing them run around and play without me.
Thank you to Ed and my family though for taking great care of my little man. I know it will all be better as soon as I can get out of here, and of course I would never want to get anyone else sick but this stinks! I complain all the time about how lonely I am in New Jersey, and long to be closer to my family. Now I'm as close as ever to my family, yet I'm still lonely is this stupid room all by myself. Life is funny sometimes isn't it?




ah, yes. we have many episodes of that run through this house .... no fun at all. hope you get to enjoy a little vacation!
ReplyDeleteOh, my, I do hope you soon will be able to enter the world of the living. I hope you brought some good books! Anxious to hear that you are reunited with your family very soon!
ReplyDelete