At 3:00 I declared that I was taking back the control that I so helplessly lost and packed two grumpy boys into the double stroller, and we were off. They may have been grumpy but I refused to waste the beautiful day inside with two adorable whiners.
The difference between my boys... this is Jackson completely exhausted and miserable... and...
This is Caden completely exhausted and miserable.
I think he's holding it together really well.
After about 45 minutes of walking I looked down and saw that they were both asleep. What's a mom to do at this point.. KEEP WALKING!! I seriously walked for another hour and they were still asleep. At this point I was completely exhausted from pushing this HUGE stroller around. People would walk past me on the bike path and I'd refuse to make eye contact, because I didn't want them to talk to me and wake up the boys. After walking back and forth on the bike path I did laps around the neighborhood. People seriously must have thought I was crazy, but at that point I didn't really care. So sweet and perfect... when they are sleeping!
Then I made it to the driveway and just then Jackson woke up. Luckily he is such a sweet boy and just laid there and was quiet and watched the cars going by. I was able to put up the garage door, run in and feed the dogs, AND put dinner in the oven all the boys still hanging out in the garage. I pushed it even farther and sat on a box in the driveway and fed Jackson dinner all while Caden slept in the stroller.
I was feeling pretty good about myself and the short naps I was able to get the boys to take until Caden woke up screaming and was miserable for pretty much the rest of the night. Whatever.. I still consider the day a success.
After dinner we had a fun playroom baseball game...all in all a good day!
amazing what you will do to hang onto any sanity there may still be left.... well done mama.
ReplyDelete