Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GROUNDHOG DAY


So I've been joking with my sister since Caden was about a month old that I felt like my life was Groundhog's Day. Same thing day in and day out with very little change. Don't get me wrong as mentioned before my day was always filled with wonderful moments like a first smile, or giggle, etc. For the most part though my day was very predictable. Feed Caden, burp Caden, change Caden, play with Caden, rock Caden to sleep and listen to him cry, then walk around the house 1,000 times to get him to fall asleep and eventually resort to turning the Dirt Devil on if need be to quiet him down.
Ironically today we've turned a corner and I am no long living a Groundhog's Day life. After finally realizing I was starving my poor child, well not really starving, but not filling up his little belly I have resorted to supplementing his feedings with formula. He is a much happier baby and for the first time EVER, he has fallen asleep after feeding during the day. WOOO-HOOO!!! I didn't have to rock him, or do laps, or listen to the stupid Dirt Devil. He is laying beside me on the couch, sleeping peacefully and I didn't have to do a damn thing. I actually feel bad for both of us for living the way we've been for the past 3 months. Hello to my new best friend, a bottle of formula and breast milk combined, and goodbye to my old nemesis, Groundhog's Day!!


 
LOVE IT!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Slatts! I've been very negligent about checking in on your blog. Caden is such a sweetie! It sounds like you've settled nicely into parenthood. Aren't boys great??? Hope to see you soon! Hugs to Caden.

    ReplyDelete