Monday, September 8, 2014

Caden's First Day of Pre-School 2014

I have a whole new appreciation for going back to school as a Mom instead of being a teacher.  I didn't understand why parents would say it's so hard getting back into a routine, and even just getting your kids ready for the day.  Now that I have to get three children up, dressed, fed, and have their teeth brushed and looking half decent is an exhausting task.  To think that I have to do this four days a week from now until the end of May makes me want hide under the covers, but it's really not all about me. :)
The focus of today was Caden.  He was a completely different child this morning compared to last year.  He willingly got up, ate, and got ready without any tears.  He even took pictures out front and didn't complain.  On top of all of that, when we walked into his school he was not nervous at all.  He was the second child in the door, did a little turn to show off his new backpack to his teacher and never looked back.  Some parents walked into the room with their child to help them put their backpacks on the hooks and say their goodbyes.  I unfortunately (or fortunately) had Jackson with me and Molly in her stroller.  There was no way our whole crew was making it through the door for a goodbye.  I looked in the room  before we left and Caden was already off playing with his friends.
When we went to get him at pick up Jackson was so excited to see Caden that he ran into the classroom to go get him and I had to drag him back out.  Caden had a great day and says that he loves school.   We will see how he feels tomorrow when he realizes he now goes four days a week instead of two.  Until them I'm going to bask in the success of a positive Day #1.




 Hearts on our hands like last year for when we are away from each other.  He came home and said, "Mom the hearts didn't work.  It just made me miss you more when I looked at it." :(

 Jackson wanted to be a big boy just like Caden.  Next year buddy.  Until then you're still my little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment