On Wednesday morning March 19th I had my 39 week apt. Luckily for me I mixed up the time of my apt. and ended up seeing the mid-wife on call instead of my regular doctor. She told me that I was only 1cm dilated and I seriously thought I was going to cry right then and there. She saw how "done" I was with being pregnant and told me that she was on call that evening and I should call her if I was having any contractions and she would bring me in and break my water. Woo-Hoo!!
Fast forward to that evening. I started to have some stronger contractions and refused to let them stop, so I ended up going to the grocery store, walking the aisles, and praying that my water didn't break there. By the time I got home, unloaded the car, and carried in the huge bag of dog food, the contractions were coming much stronger. I called my parents and luckily they hurried right over.
At this point I had no idea if the contractions were strong enough to last or if we would be heading back home. We got to the hospital around 9:30-10 and met our amazing midwife. She monitored us for awhile, then told us we were being admitted but suggested I walk to keep things moving. At 11pm I couldn't take the contractions anymore and decided to get the epidural. From them on it was smooth sailing. Ed slept for 3 hours because he was fighting off a bad cold, and I slept off an on. YES, I slept through most of my labor. At 2:30am they wanted to check my progress and the nurse screamed and said the baby was coming right now!! After the midwife ran in and quickly got everything ready Molly Jane Slatt arrived with one single push. Our little lady arrived at 3:06am. She was 7lbs 9oz. and 19 3/4 inches long. She had the tiniest little head we had ever seen and was absolutely perfect!
Not feeling so great at this point. These were the strongest contractions I ever had.
Unlike in New Jersey where they take the baby away from you and weigh and measure them, bathe them, etc. they let Molly with us for over an hour. They left the room, turned down the lights and just let us soak in this sweet baby girl. Then when it was time to take her measurements they did it right beside my bed. Then when we went up to the recovery floor Molly was wrapped tight to my chest and we were wheeled upstairs together. For two days she never left our room. She was given a bath, shots, hearing tests, etc. all right beside my bed. I loved having her with us and didn't miss having her sent to the nursery like the boys were at all.
Ed and I didn't really plan how things would happen this time when we went to the hospital, but when we got there and realized things were moving quickly we decided to just go through it the two of us. We knew it was going to be our last baby and we just wanted the time to be a special moment shared with Ed and I. From beginning to end it was the perfect labor and delivery. The nurses were absolutely amazing, our midwife was the best, and of course Molly was the cherry on top.
Please meet Miss Molly. The little girl we longed for that has warmed our hearts and changed our lives in four short weeks.
The nurses heard Ed wasn't feeling well and made him rock the mask the entire time we were in the hospital.
The first family member to meet Molly was Aunt Dee Dee
Caden got to come to the hospital and meet Molly with Mi Mi and Paw Paw. Unfortunately Tassy was banned from the hospital since he was still getting over being sick.I always think I know my kids and can predict how they are going to react to situations and they always make a liar out of me. When I was pregnant Jackson was obsessed with my belly and "sissy" and Caden couldn't have cared less. Now that Molly is here the tables have completely turned. Caden is so loving and attentive to Molly. He likes to hold her and be close to her. Jackson is mildly intrigued by her for about two seconds.
When they broke my water they had to use a hook. Molly's head was so low that the hook ended up cutting the back of her head and leaving some pretty nasty scratches. This is what Caden was concerned about in these pictures.
We love you so very much Molly Jane. You have made our family complete!!
No comments:
Post a Comment