Today I woke up and decided that it was going to be a day of Adventures. If I'm going to sound like an awesome Mom I'll say that this was all for the boys, if I'm being honest I'll say it was mostly to maintain my sanity. I created a checklist to take with us in the car and told the boys that we were going to take with us in the car so we could check it off as we traveled to our different stops.
First we went to get the boy's haircut. It was Jackson's first time at an actual salon and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I knew that in the past Caden needed a lot of hand holding and coaxing to get through a haircut, so I was worried about him and handling Jackson's first haircut. Surprisingly Caden hopped right up in the chair and did an awesome job being a big boy and being brave. Jackson did awesome too. They used a buzzer on him and my little boy now has a buzz cut. He did shed a few tears as he sat on my lap and tried to crawl under my arm, but I couldn't have been more proud.
After the salon we had to go to Dunkin Donut to rewards the boys with donuts and Mommy with coffee. Again the boys were fantastic. They enjoyed their donuts, listened, and didn't make a huge mess. Another check on our Adventure list and another success.
When we were finished with donuts we headed over to the Disney store. It was the first time either of the boys had been in a Disney store, and needless to say they loved it. They poor lady at the store kept asking if we were ok because Caden just kept walking around and around and around. We were in there for over an hour and poor Jackson was getting tired, so he made me carry him the entire time. We looked at Buzz, Woody, Special Agent Oso, Minnie, Mickey, and Doc McStuffins, just to name a few. We went home with more than we should have, but after an hour I was willing to buy the entire store just to get them out of there.
The fourth and final stop of the day was at Daddy's new office to have lunch with him. It was the first time that the boys and I have ever stopped to see Ed at work. We had fun and were happy that Daddy was able to take a break from work to spend time with us.
After that it was home for an afternoon of naps. Well I should say... an hour of naps. I thought for sure the boys would be exhausted and sleep all afternoon, but they had other ideas. What's a mom to do with boys that won't nap??? More shopping! I packed those little dudes up and headed to Christmas Tree Shop to get the bookshelves I wanted to complete my weekend Pinterest project. Again.. the boys were excellent and held it together after a long day.
We then headed home and had our favorite, pizza from Jo-Jo's for dinner. After a few wrestling matches between all of my boys, Caden relaxing as always with no socks and just his undies, Jackson screaming in the microphone, and Mommy and Daddy relaxing with a glass of wine we had one of our best days so far in PA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment