MOVE-
It's no secret to anyone that knows us that we have contemplated moving home to PA for years. The drives back and forth to family each weekend have been non-stop. The longing to be close to family and friends. The loneliness that I felt in Jersey are all contributing factors to what made us make the final decision. The decision came around Christmas time when we knew that if we waited until I was done with school to list the house it would never happen. I then decided to resign from teaching in order to make the best of the Spring Real Estate market, and the original plan was for the boy, the dogs, and I to move to PA. Ed was going to stay in Jersey and get the house ready and continue working. Lucky for us, Ed's company backed him and he was able to come with us from the beginning. The plan was finally falling into place. Now it was just the logistics of getting moved.
MOVING-
We originally thought we would list the house May 1st. Luckily/Unlucky ... still not sure? We moved that date up to TODAY, April 15th to better our chances of selling which made moving a CRAZY feat. We picked Easter weekend to move back. As you could probably guess if you know anything about Ed, the move was meticulously planned. Including every box being numbered, photographed, and cataloged for future reference. I silently cursed him throughout the entire process but did whatever he wanted since he was reluctantly willing to come on this crazy adventure back to PA with me.
The day came, we got the moving trucks on a Thursday, loaded them up with the help of our amazing neighbors, rushed to PA, got into our rental, unloaded the truck with the help of our family, next morning Ed, his brother and brother in law headed back to Jersey for another truck load. I stayed and unpacked the new rental. Our family members helped by watching the boys, making food, and just being there for us. We continued this craziness with Easter Egg hunts intertwined until Easter Sunday morning when I came down with the terrible stomach flu. I was down and out for three days. Ed had to head back to Jersey to take care of more moving, where he himself came down with the stomach flu and somehow moved all the furniture off the first floor so the floors could be refinished all while being sick. Ed then came home Wednesday evening and then he and I headed back this past Sunday so that I could finish work and get the house ready to list. We stayed three days and worked like maniacs. Mulching, cleaning, staging, etc. I can honestly say that I have never worked that hard in my life, and I've never been that proud of something, ever. The house looks great and now we cross our fingers and hope for the best.
MOVED-
We are currently renting a home two doors down from my in laws, seven minutes from my parents, and four minutes from other relatives. Needless to say we've had many visitors, and have done lots of fun things already. The boys are playing in the backyard, riding bikes, climbing trees, helping Pop Pop mow the lawn, go to the zoo, visit relatives, attend T-ball practice, pick up their cousin at school, and most importantly Caden attended Disney on Ice this weekend. The help that we have received when we were moving, sick, and just on a daily basis has been invaluable. It's the main reason we made this decision and we cannot wait to see all the memories that are made over the years to come.
With that all being said.. we will and already do miss New Jersey more than we could have ever imagined. The comforts of our home, the memories we created there, the amazing neighbors that are like family who are missed each and every day, a great school where I was able to teach for eight years, amazing co-workers, the park, the town, and of course THE BEACH. Jersey will always be a part of us, but we look forward to this new chapter in Pennsylvania.
The real truth is... Home is where your family is!!
Last few days at his favorite place.. his window seat in his bedroom. (Ed, stop crying!)
Buzz Lightyear helping to get ready for the move.
Neglected child not enjoying the move.
An example of Ed's organized packing system.
Caden literally hung out in the garage with blankets on one evening while we packed.
MOVING DAY!!
Zachy saved the day and helped us get the trucks, move boxes and entertain the kids!!
Our lifesaver was there once again to help us out during the move... Can you please just come move in?
First day in the new house deserved a candle on a donut!!
Dancing in the new kitchen.
Yes, nine people fit comfortably in our new kitchen. I guess the rental isn't that bad.
Egg Hunts
Yes.. all that yard that you see is our land. 1.5 acres is no joke.. happy mowing, Ed!!
Jackson just running away... Ed chasing him with the basket. LOL
This awesome sign welcomed us on our first day at our new home and brought Ed & I to tears.
Another Easter Egg hunt.. Mommy was sick in bed. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment