Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jackson's First Birthday Party!!

We hosted one of Jackson's first Birthday parties (yes he had two) at my in law's house.  The weather wasn't supposed to be nice, but it turned out to be a beautiful day.  My roommates from college came early and were a huge help setting up, my in laws were kind and patient opening their home up to all of this craziness, and my family, specifically my parents, were a huge help with watching the boys and getting them ready for the party.
Many times I have these lofty ideas of what I want for a party and they never really fulfill my expectations.  I have to say that from beginning to end this party was perfect.  There was not one single thing that I would have change, specifically the little boy that we celebrated.  He was tired when the party started, took a quick nap after smashing his cake and re-joined the party never taking a moment not to smile even when he was grumpy and exhausted.  His kind heart and sweet soul are an inspiration to me daily.

 Ed made these amazing wooden surf boards.  I absolutely loved them!!
 One of the favors of the day were cute, little, personalized buckets with lots of goodies in them.
 My mother in law makes these delicious sugar cookies.  I requested them last minute and she pulled through.  They taste just as great as they look.
 Monthly pictures of course.
 Birhday boys have to eat too!

 Lock Haven Girls!!



 Dylan and Caden... cousins


 Nikki thought she made him cry.  LOL look at her face.  He was just exhausted.
 Our Family!!



 I could not believe Caden got that close to him. 
 I was not surprised one bit that Jackson dug right into this cake.
 The randomly ordered cake, that I had no clue what it would look like when we picked it up, turned out to be delicious despite the fact that it made all of our teeth blue.



 Thank you to my good friend Erin for taking all of these amazing pictures.  It was one less thing I had to worry about during that crazy day.  I will forever be thankful to you for being such a great friend.
 My big boy Caden trying to break the pinata.
 The one and only.. Annika Davina ;)

Aunt Pammy, Uncle Stick and Baby Madi.. thanks for making the trip after a long week in California.

Thank you to Lauren and her adorable son, Wyatt, for making the trip.


Happy Birthday, 
my precious little one year old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment