Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few short stories....

BEWARE!!!So our cute, little package of an adorable, chubby little man has a dark side.  His dark side includes HUGE chompers that pack a mean punch.  Yes, I have to admit that my son is a biter. The unfortunate part about this, besides the obvious, is that he is a spontaneous biter.  It would be one thing if you were always on guard and expecting it, but he will go for days on end without doing it and them BAM, just when you least expect it he acts like he's hugging you and sinks into your shoulder.  So if you plan on coming into contact with my son in the near future, remember to always be on guard.

Don't let the smile fool you...

THIS is more like it....
AND THIS is what I feel like I'm looking at!!
Packin' Up the Old Clothes
Today we once again did one of my least favorite things, we packed up all of the clothes that Caden has grown out of.  This puts the fact that Caden is growing faster than I can wrap my head around it directly in front of my face.  I hate folding up some of my favorite shirts, jammies, etc. knowing that he will never be able to wear them again.  I know it sounds silly, but it's sad.  Well today he decided to help pack the box for the first time ever.  He was non-chalantly throwing piece after piece into the box and never hesitated until he came upon his Eagles jersey.  We made that poor child wear his jersey every week whether it was clean or not.  He must have remembered this, because he picked it up and tried to put it on himself.  Needless to say his chubby little arms didn't allow for this, and quite honestly his chubby belly almost didn't allow for the jersey to go on at all.  We did get it on him though and he strutted his stuff around his bedroom in his onesie and his jersey all morning.  I seriously love this kid.
Awww.. this is when he was little and his jersey still fit.

Caden's First Friend's Birthday Part
I know I'm a little late.... but two weeks ago Caden attended his first Birthday party for a friend.  It was at the Hershey Country Club and had an adorable Carnival Theme.  I was a little skeptical about how Caden would act because he only knew three of the kids there.   After a few short minutes of being shy and taking in the scenes he was off and running.  He got right into the mix of things and was running around with all of the other little kiddos.  I was so proud of him and couldn't belive he was big enough to do all of these things.  His cousins, Hunter and Graci were very sweet and won prizes for him on the games he was too little to play and just looked out for him the entire time.  He had a blast at the party and Mommy even survived despite the fact that he had Dum-Dum lollipops for lunch and was sticky all over by the end of the party.
Hangin' with Daddy and playing with his foam sword.

Next.. time to EAT the sword.
Lovin' on his Cousin Hunter who was sporting his new shades he won.

Caden and the Birthday Boy.

Then what else would you do at a Country Club, but....

climb around on the floor and under the tables. 
What a classy little guy we have on our hands. :)

This and That...
There are a million and one other new things Caden is doing that I can't even name them all.  He is now saying our neighbor's dog's name "Daisy" every now and then, but of course won't say it on cue.

He's crawling on anything and everything.  You turn your head and he's pulled something over to climb up on the couch and just sits there and smiles at you.  He started climbing on his play table and we had to move it so he can't escape from the playroom.

He's now running, yes running.  If walking and roaming all over the house wasn't enough he now feels he needs to sprint on those chubby little legs to wherever it is he needs to go.  Run on little man. That burns more energy.

He still loves music.  Anytime a song that he recognizes comes on he'll tap his foot or slap his little hand on his thigh.  This is one that never gets old for me.

He must "help" with everything that I'm doing.  Whether it's doing laundry, emptying the trash cans, packing or unpacking a suitcase he insists on being in the middle of everything and lending a helping hand.

Finally, he has two molars.  I really didn't realize he would get his back teeth at such an early age.  He has four teeth on the top and the bottom, and then you skip to the way back and you'll find two monster teeth. 


Alright.... I could write forever, but that's all for tonight.  That little man wears me out.  I no longer possess the energy I used to.  You wouldn't either if you were dodging chompers all day.

1 comment:

  1. I am wetting my pants laughing (seriously, at this age one must watch out how hard one laughs unexpectedly) Caden and I may be in matching diapers if this keeps up! (just kidding)
    The second picture killed me, and then I came to the shark, and lost it!! As someone who has been on the receiving end of this cunning little shark, he has very smooth, unasuming technique, which only goes to prove he is as smart as I think he is!!! LOL love it!

    ReplyDelete